Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange reading on small gold ????

JimGilmore

I stuck the 5" coil onto my GB Pro today and ran the small bottle I have that has some gold in it past the coil...Now this is not a lot of gold..and it is not 1 piece,but many small pieces and 3 small pickers or mini pickers.
It read as 12 or 14 on the display. I also did not try to gb since I'm in the house and surrounded by objects that read off on the coil as well as my right fore-arm.
Anybody else have any ideas about the reading ?

The smaller the gold, the lower the reading will be, it will come under the iron range for that reason.

The bigger it is, the higher the reading will be, also, if it's mixed with other alloys too.

BH thanks ....

well it is gold though...

Even small gold should hit above 40 in the disc mode and if you are in all metal, the ID only appears on the arc on top and the numbers are ground phase......

I think you are watching your ground phase number in all metal mode instead of the target ID arc on top.

If its reading that low in disc mode somthing is wrong.

Opps....learning new machine here...
1the reading should have been 50-51...
I was in all metal and reading the grd phase when I read 20-21.
I'm slowly learning...

Hmmm ! Anyone have a flake to test ?

And I don't mean the Cadbury's chocolate kind either !

Yes, I have a flake to test. Several flakes and small nuggets, actually, ranging from just under a tenth of a gram, up to I think 10 grams, need to check my notes on them to remember. Anyway, just as soon as I can think of it, I'll take all the nuggets, put them on a piece of paper, take a picture of the paper with the nuggets, and a dime for reference, and with the weight of each nugget written beside it. Then, I'll post air-test numbers for each of the pieces.

Steve

Thanks steve

Jim... likely you are getting electromagnetic interference from a household appliance, even a cell phone, or a transformer from a nearby power line while you are in-house testing. It is difficult to get good reliable bench test in the house... Also, you are likely not picking up the combined mass of the pieces, but just one of the flakes...

Other factors not mentioned can limit reliabiity of the test, such as the coil being away from any metal. Other factors; such as was the sensitivity? All metal or discrimination? And was the 12-14 display along the "speedometer-like" arc at the top of the screen? All of this limits the reliabily of a indoor bench/air test.

Jim I'm glad for you that you have a great detector and taking time to learn it before taking it to the goldfields.
My Best... another Jim aka "tailgate."

After my testings this machine is very,very able to find small gold without a doubt.Nugget's that I can hardly hold for a airtesting.

Not sure about your area but run it in all-metal and get used to all the sounds.It does like hot rocks more than other machines I have had.My area is loaded with differant kinds of hot rocks some of them conductive iron pyrite.I have noticed so far that anything thats real metal not hot rocks will make that speedometer move.So far only few hotrocks that i noticed made that dial move.

Practise would be the key and setting's.I Love the GroundGrab but I always set it a little on the + side after and run it even hotter-ups the sensativity even more.I have yet to try this and see what happens when run in disc mode.Might false out a little to much.