Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange things going on...but in a good way!!

Ivan

I just got back from a hunt at the beach.........in dry sand with my Teknetics G2. I was using the 11" DD Coil , I like it cause it covers lots of ground and it's light.I also find lots of small things with it especially small gold jewelry. I also own the white solid 10" DD coil..... and have used it alot.The general opinion on most of the detecting forums.........is that the smaller coil would be the better choice for hunting small gold. But in my case that is simply not true the big lug.... finds almost all of my small gold!!! The 10" DD has become my good coin finder. Even in soccer fields and ballparks I've found deep small gold jewelry much more often and with greater ease using the large 11" coil. Wonder why....I've met other guys on the same beaches using Tek detectors but they just hated the 11" coil... average,not great performance was what they said. Is it possible I just have and extra "hot" coil.........just wondering ..what's your opinions on this one? Thanks for your replies.

Just be aware that the 5 X 10 DD coil will make the detector......front end heavy. I can't use mine for more than 3 hours at a time. I like to go out for a round of about 6 hours ...so light weight makes life much easier.

Phil

When the Mars coils become available in the US get the 6x10 Sniper. It is not as heavy as the Tek 10" and gives great all around performance. I hardly use the 11" anymore on my old G2.

Tom

It's a rock solid coil with good depth and great separation. I did a field comparison against one of the new machines that is known to up the game for hunting in iron and it compared favorably against it on found iron co-located targets. What one saw the other did as well and of the two the G2 was the best as far accurately ID'ing targets.

Tom

I don't remember who said it...I think it was a dealer.....that the G2 is one of the best detectors on the market in regards to accurate solid lock -on target ID.