Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stuck on ‘64 no more

Larbear2

My silver coin tally for the year is now six, all of them are Rosie dimes. The first five were all ‘64, I was glad to find them as silver is silver. It just seemed a little odd that they were all ‘64. Yesterday I broke that streak with a ‘52 and a good amount of clad to go with it. I drove an hour to get to a high school athletic field that I hunt once a year. Silver Rosie was found near the shot put area down four inches. I was using the F70.

The zinc round I actually found several years ago, the reverse is blank. Thought you might find it interesting. GL & HH.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914.8 KB · Views: 154
Kellogg, ID is up N part of the state and east of Couer d’Alene on I-90. The area is also known as the Silver Valley, large number of mines in the Wallace-Kellogg area. Not sure how old that large zinc token is but I’ve never heard of the mine. Congrats on breaking the ‘64 curse!!!

Probably should have looked this up first 🙄

Part of the Bunker Hill Mining complex early last century!! Where abouts did you find it?

Some odd coin date situations cropping up here of late. The odds of finding 5 64 dated Rosies in a row at different times and places has to be off the charts, too. HH jim tn
Yeah, some strange things happening. Think I’ll buy a Powerball, Mega Millions, and maybe a couple of scratchers just to cover all the bases.

Kellogg, ID is up N part of the state and east of Couer d’Alene on I-90. The area is also known as the Silver Valley, large number of mines in the Wallace-Kellogg area. Not sure how old that large zinc token is but I’ve never heard of the mine. Congrats on breaking the ‘64 curse!!!
Thanks Ronstar, I found it in CDA in a dirt, gravel parking lot several years ago. Nearby building was a church at one time and probably several things over the years.

LB2 are you from around here?? You used CDA which mainly the more locals use...

Nice!!!