Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summer Trip?

I have never really done any prospecting of any type. I was wondering what you guys think the chances would be for me to plan a Harley trip somewhere and meet up with someone to show me how and where to go and teach me? I can remember as a kid living in Pioche, Nevada always wanting a detector to try and find gold. Moved away to Ohio and getting close to 50 and all the kids are out and wanting to get the chance to give it a try. May be a long shot. I stopped detecting for several yrs due to work being so busy and I guess just life in general. I've only put a little over 3,000 miles on my 2016 Ultra and wanting to do some riding and detecting and just make a round trip of it and maybe hit several places.

Thanks M.L. Hinds

You say you live in OHIO, there is a lot of gold to be had in that state, but not by detecting. You need a sluice or dredge. I have prospected OHIO for about 20 years, have frond enough to buy a acre of ground and two dredges. All find gold but lots of it. First thing you should join GPAA club in OHIO, we have two chapters. Lots of fun and hard work, but some gold.