Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday's Sweat and CW Relics

bigfootokie

Holy CRAP is all I can say about Sunday. Hunted from about 9-11 am and broke for lunch soaking wet and wrung out. Had a good lunch and hit it again for about 75 minutes and then cried "Uncle". Clothes completely soaked, sweat running into our eyes, even dripping off the brim of our hats, we gave up. Roughest day I have had this Summer, it was painful. Dave and Brad were in agreement that we should stop.

We still found some cool CW era relics.

My stuff.

3 Cartridges
1 Three Ring Bullet, unfired still in part of a deteriorated cartridge
1 Rifle Barrel Band
1 Two Ringer Bullet (Confederate I believe)
1 Sharp's Multi Ring Bullet (rare)
1 Knapsack Hook (found one last week too)
1 large 4 hole button
1 1941 Wheat Penny

Dave's Finds.

Brad's Finds.

Nice relics . . . . the Sharp's is a great find for sure!

I can sympathize with the weather as we are in the midst of the hottest weather of the summer . . . end of August and the heat rolled in for a week! Went out Sunday myself and even in the woods, it felt like I was hunting in a sauna . . . . standing there talking to a couple that were power walking I was sweating - just standing there. Then you get a few 10"+ targets and start hoping you do not get another signal as it means you have to dig it out from rock hard soil and a mass of tree roots . . .

If someone is not into what we do they must think we are nuts - I know the couple that stopped to talk with me looked at a pouch filled with gungy stuff and they must have left shaking their heads!

Keep sharing your finds . . . . great to see what you and you buddies are recovering

Andy