Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray Invader FX-1 Probe

Ex-Sox

What would be a fair asking price for a used probe? I have noticed that some of these are harder to find these days. The reason that I am asking is I have a spare and will be listing it in the classified section. I just want to give whoever may want it a fair price or trade value.

Nevermind, had a buddy that just got an F75 and needed one so it will be going to him.

What would be a fair asking price for a used probe? I have noticed that some of these are harder to find these days. The reason that I am asking is I have a spare and will be listing it in the classified section. I just want to give whoever may want it a fair price or trade value.
I would think a starting point would be 50% of what you paid for it if its in good condition and only a couple years old. I’ve been told the hand helds last about 5 years before they give up. Thats exactly what my Garrett did, now I have the AT Pro and it works better than the original by loads

Hope I'm not getting off thread. I've been using the Garret pro pointers for a long time. I recently purchased the orange pointer. But I seem to always have problems with it. Like beeping alot away from targets and some times no sound at all. Any suggestions? hhrickinm

Hope I'm not getting off thread. I've been using the Garret pro pointers for a long time. I recently purchased the orange pointer. But I seem to always have problems with it. Like beeping alot away from targets and some times no sound at all. Any suggestions? hhrickinm
Boy with shipping cost and all I’m afraid if it’s not under warranty then it’s pretty much disposable. New battery and ground balance is about all you can do.

I've had it for probably 5 years. Bought it for another detector. I forgot about the ground balance option. Don't even know how to do it LoL. Thanks for the reply kreamer hhrickinm

Rick I talked to Garrett repair a few months back. I was quoted $27.50 for the repair. Plus the cost of any parts. If I remember correctly that included return shipping. Garrett Customer service can not be beat. Have you tried putting a quarter between the battery and the cap. Some times they will act up when contact is not good with the battery.

Ex socks thank you for your reply. I'll try the battery terminals fix you've said. I was out the other day and it still acted up. I'll give Garret a call. Thank you. hhrickinm