Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Super Day with Multi

RLOH

We got an unexpected 55 degree day here in northeast Ohio and I was ready even if my body wasn't. My first handful of hunts with the Anfibio were limited to 5khz and that frequency was great except for the battery life. I was only getting about 6 hours using the low frequency. Today I used 14 khz and the battery was at least twice as long. Six hours of detecting and the battery was two bars down.

I hunt extremely trashy sites and I find three tones to be very stable and very deep when I get the sens over 90. My first six targets were all very deep coins with two being silver war nickels. Very strange to find two right off the bat. Both were as deep as my Garrett carrot. One of these nickels had two wheats stuck to it. I ended up with six wheats total and all were very deep. I ran out of gas after three hours and headed home. After a bite to eat, I got my second wind and headed to my local park.

Again three tone, 91 sens, 14khz, SAT off, and all settings at default. First target here was a 9 inch deep wheat. Minutes later I got a steady 70-71 and was expecting a zinc, but was surprised to see and Indian. On most of the deep coins, I will get no number, maybe a flash of a good number sometimes, but a weak, repeatable high tone. I was surprised that this Indian gave a good number even though it was about 7-8 inches deep. I ended the day at this spot with 4 wheats and 1 Indian along with 15 clad coins.

I really like this detector and will be getting a smaller concentric coil. Since most of the older coins I find seem to be in the 7 plus inch range, I am hopeful that one of the smaller concentrics can hit that deep.

Were you using the Anfibio Multi or the Multi Kruzer? The Anfibio Standard 11" coil is a really nice coil. I like it much better than the Kruzer 11" coil and it is quite a bit deeper on coin sized targets. The 7" concentric is on my Kruzer most of the time.

Were you using the Anfibio Multi or the Multi Kruzer? The Anfibio Standard 11" coil is a really nice coil. I like it much better than the Kruzer 11" coil and it is quite a bit deeper on coin sized targets. The 7" concentric is on my Kruzer most of the time.
Tom, I am using the Anfibio. Yes, the 11 inch coil is a very nice coil. It reminds me of the Explorer Pro coil. This detector is the deepest detector I have ever used. I sometimes have to watch where I am digging as I have to dig a very deep plug. This is a nice problem to have.

Congrats on the successful hunt with that early-season warm-up. I love the older coins and the Indian Head 1¢ is one of my favorites. Also, a 'Thank You' for adding info n the settings used., I wish more people would do that.

"RLOH:"
My first handful of hunts with the Anfibio were limited to 5khz and that frequency was great except for the battery life. I was only getting about 6 hours using the low frequency. Today I used 14 khz and the battery was at least twice as long. Six hours of detecting and the battery was two bars down.

I have a couple of detectors that works under 8 kHz, and I have a couple that operate at over 18 kHz, but since the late '70s, most of my detectors operate 2½ kHz ± of 12.5 kHz. That 10 kHz to 15 kHz frequency range has been a very versatile operating range for m in a wide assortment of site environment and challenges. On the selectable-frequency models I quickly found the 5 kHz of my Impact, as expected, to have a higher battery draw, but I only chose it for select applications. I also used a higher 19 kHz or 20 kHz on the Impact/Kruzer/Anfibio units for select applications.

I really liked the fact that they designed all three of these devices to have a turn-on default of 14 kHz and that's the frequency I prefer on them at least 90% of the time. Thy all handled a variety sites well, and provided very decent general-purpose performance for depth-of-detection, ground handling, and taking on ferrous debris.

I hunt extremely trashy sites and I find three tones to be very stable and very deep when I get the sens over 90.
Again three tone, 91 sens, 14khz, SAT off, and all settings at default.

My personal preference on almost any make or model detector I own is to start-up at the highest Sensitivity possible, then only reduce it if there is EMI, and then I only drop it to the point I gain stability. In 3-Tone, which I use in almost all trashier conditions, I set my Sensitivity at '99' and Disc. low enough to 'just barely' Accept Iron Nails and have Iron Audio Volume at '1'. In sites that are more wide-open with minimal trash targets, or if nails and wire iro are the only real annoyances, I prefer a 2-Tone mode, either the normal 2-Done or 'Deep' mode, and have my turn-on Volume at '95.' The Disc. and Iron Volume settings are the same.

I really like this detector and will be getting a smaller concentric coil. Since most of the older coins I find seem to be in the 7 plus inch range, I am hopeful that one of the smaller concentrics can hit that deep.

For wide-open areas, such as a beach, a big grassy park, a plowed field or pastures and rangeland, the newer round-shaped 11" DD works terrific! If I am hunting in some of the densest trash that especially has iron junk in the mix, I mount a 5" DD coil for best performance. And ever since they introduce the 7" Concentric coil is 2017 for the Racer series and the Impact, that has been my preferred 'general-purpose' search coil to keep mounted for every-day hunting. Nice balance and feel, great handling, and impressively good depth-of-detection.

If you're looking for one more coil and of Concentric design, I recommend the 7".

Monte