Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweep speed question

rarysgaard

I just have a question on recommended sweep speed. I sweep fairly fast and I am having good success. I have experimented with going super slow and didn't feel like I gained anything. Am I wrong? Should I be sweeping more slowly to get deeper targets? I generally hunt for gold and silver jewelry and find my targets 6" and less, so I am not too concerned about ultra depth.

I find the Deus needs to have a slow swing to get the most out of it. Sort of weird because the Deus itself is very fast at recovery speed. But that is misleading. Slow and steady. One tool that really helps me is to use iron volume. If you can't count the indiviual hits you are swinging too fast in my opinion. You are wanting the Deus to throw a high tone between those iron grunts. It needs time to do it. The Deus is real easy to hunt too fast with. I constantly remind myself to slow down.

For me 4 seconds maybe 5 one way is perfect. Like GM says it will pick out the stuff laid up beside anything ferrous. You'll have to experience it to believe it.

Yeah, I came from a V3i (and a brisk sweep) and I have found a much slower sweep speed then I am accustomed to is better on the Deus.

See..I jus learned something!!! With my last Deus (got a new one coming tomorrow) I would sweep fast!!!! Especially with Reactivity of 3. Add to that the fact that I am high strung and just move fast. I am going to 'slow my roll' and see what happens. This is a great thread.