Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 ... First Observations...

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
Got to take the Technetics out for a short spin.... First off, I like the weight...Ground balancing easily in either mode...I like the fact that if you GB in AM, it carries over to Disc.. I hunted in Disc. with
a setting of 20 and the sens. at 80 and the Tone ID at 4... The machine is Sensitive....the coil seperates great....This machine with a 4 or 5 inch coil would be a killer for trash... High tone ID on coins, a small oval brooch, large brass tack, and one iron bottle cap...pull tabs came in as 4/3,4/3 jump on the Tone ID..Didn't misidentify any...The 4 Tone Audio is like any other machine, it will take a little getting use to....Pinpointing is easy with this coil....While I can see the virtues of this machine as a coin machine, I want to try it tomorrow, relic hunting with 2 Tone ID and also give it a whirl in AM. 'see if it has the same potential for the relic hunters.... Best to all you Techies...RichardnTn

Hi Richard,

I've found it easier to swing and hunt with than my Time Ranger, even though they're about the same weight. Getting the stem length set properly helped.

To me, the first two tone modes are reminiscent of my Gold Bug 1. All-metal is definitely deeper than disc and pinpoint even more so. I've been mostly hunting in mode 4, but not long enough to have learned the sounds. Because of work and weather, I've only gotten out three times for an hour or two each.

Keep your reports coming! The more T2 owners that post from different places, the better we can see how it works in more situations.

I'm also interested in relic hunting. Around here, it can coincide with nugget shooting. Plus, there's plenty of lost mine and treasure stories to investigate.

HH
-Ed