Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 Versus Nails?

ALOW1

How well is this machine against nails?

Nails are the worst thing I have encountered with my CZ-7. Seems like I have tried everything yet evertime I got out I dig lots of nails.

I am in the market for a new machine, been eyeballing the DFX, Explorer 2, and the Coinstrike....... decisions, decisions, I am retiring my CZ-7 as it is going to go to my father and I am going to try a new machine.

I will have this next machine for a few years more than likely so the decision seems hard at least for me.

So back to the question, how does this t2 handle nails?

I've had no trouble whatsoever with nails so far with the T-2, even the deeper very rusty variety. I.D. on nails does not seem to be an issue, though the occasional double-bent or "fence staple" types will still give a high coin bounce if their orientation to the coil is just right. In this regard, the T-2 is really no different than many other detectors on the market in having problems with certain types of ferrous staple nails, round washers, very rusty bottlecaps, iron tack rings, and the like. There are just certain kinds of ferrous targets that are going to give a "non-positive" I.D. on any machine, and those have to be dug right along with the "good" signals to be presented to the best discriminator every made...... your eyes.

Ralph

[quote Ralph Bryant]I've had no trouble whatsoever with nails so far with the T-2, even the deeper very rusty variety. I.D. on nails does not seem to be an issue, though the occasional double-bent or "fence staple" types will still give a high coin bounce if their orientation to the coil is just right. In this regard, the T-2 is really no different than many other detectors on the market in having problems with certain types of ferrous staple nails, round washers, very rusty bottlecaps, iron tack rings, and the like. There are just certain kinds of ferrous targets that are going to give a "non-positive" I.D. on any machine, and those have to be dug right along with the "good" signals to be presented to the best discriminator every made...... your eyes.

Ralph[/quote]

Sounds great Ralph, I have the worst luck when it comes to finding nails. A nail here and there isnt so bad but I hate being a "Nail Farmer" as I call it.