Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

t2 bottle caps

Picketwire

Lately, while messing around with my T2, I was practicing on bottle caps. On the Gold bug, when I use the pull back method to pinpoint them, as the tip of the coil comes off the target, I get a distinct iron tone. The T2 was not doing this with my usual settings, 3 or 4 tone, ground balanced and discrimination at preset of 10. I noticed that if I dialed it back to 7 or so, the iron tone appeared, making it much easier to tell the difference between bottle caps and coins. Is mine the only one that does this?

Lately, while messing around with my T2, I was practicing on bottle caps. On the Gold bug, when I use the pull back method to pinpoint them, as the tip of the coil comes off the target, I get a distinct iron tone. The T2 was not doing this with my usual settings, 3 or 4 tone, ground balanced and discrimination at preset of 10. I noticed that if I dialed it back to 7 or so, the iron tone appeared, making it much easier to tell the difference between bottle caps and coins. Is mine the only one that does this?
Does your model have the stat mode?

I don't know what the stat mode is! My is the first SE model and has never been updated. It can be noisy or "sparky" but when turned down until the threshold is smooth, is still pretty deep and quiet too.

I don't know what the stat mode is! My is the first SE model and has never been updated. It can be noisy or "sparky" but when turned down until the threshold is smooth, is still pretty deep and quiet too.
That is a all metal non motion mode like on the F-75. The T2 did not have it on early models but added it later. If you have that mode I know a procedure for BC's and its not tone related.

If I pull the trigger to pinpoint, I have all metal no motion. Bottle caps sound off way before they are under the coil unlike coins. I thought all T2s had this.

How you can handle bottle caps with the T2.

1. Select disc 0
2. Select dP Mode for all tones
3. Ground Balance and set sensitivity.
If you swing now over a bottle cap the VDI number may be high, but listen to the tones now. It will go deep-high-deep.
A coin with the same VDI number will stay high all. Try it, it works.

Andy