Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2? G2? Patriot? Help me decide guys!!:confused:

MrDirtyHands

Hey guys. Hope y'all had a great Christmas & new year!

I thought, after looking at just about EVERY quality detector on the market, that I had decided on my
next machine. The Patriot! BUT... I recently saw a vid by Keith Southern on the T2. (+, SE, LTD I don't remember)
He was testing the little hockey puck coil & talking about it's depth & seperation capabilities. My thoughts were "WOW!"

I also LOVE the ergonomics of this machine & it has a trigger that I am more than used to being an old Whites guy but...
I believe it's "geared" more towards relic hunters (TID scale = Iron to 40) which I, for the most part am not one.

From all I've seen (EVERY vid on Youtube on the T2's & F75's) the T2 appears to be a superior machine to the F75. (Appears!)
but I believe the F75 is "geared" more to coinhunters which I am.

OK, to shorten the rambeling... I hunt old house sites & the occasional park & school yard & am looking, not necessarily to
upgrade from my current MXT Pro. Just a different experience with a different quality machine. I hunt in modern trash
and the typical crap in the ground around old houses & I'm in Ga's wonderful red dirt!

I LOVE the ergonomics of the T2, G2 & F75 & EACH has features I like. (Wish I could combine the best of each!) but that
Patriot (F70) is only 4 Bills & I sure could add some other goodies with it without breaking the bank!

So... For you T2 users... Are any or many of you coinshooters? G2 users... How is it's depth on coins & sensivity to silver?
You get my dilemma I'm sure! Any and all imput will be greaty appreciated and yes, feel free to brag on your machines and experience!

Thanks in advance!!

I'm new to this forum but I been detecting for over 10 years and I have hundreds of hours on the T2 Special Edition. However I'm a relic hunter not a coin shooter.
The T2 is a great general purpose machine but keep in mind that doesn't have notch discrimination like the F75 & Patriot. You can only dial the discrim up and down on the T2.
If your mainly coin shooting then the Patriot or F75 is probably your best option for the money.

I can only speak my opinion regarding the T2,all mine is one of the original green machines from 2006/7 and one of the 1st batches into the UK,what my opinion on this detector ??? for me i was always a Whites owner and user for many years.I have 1000s of hours of enjoyment on the T2 clock and its found me more gold coinage than all my other detectors put together from Celtic gold full and 1/4 staters,George 111 full guinea and Viccy gold sovereigns.Artefacts are just the same its not only just a coin machine it does 'almost' everything else as well.

I also own and use other machines like the Deus and and Equinox in my detecting arsenal but i see these other machines as more site specific use detectors,but for a all round every day use detector that finds 'consistently' then the T2 is my all time favourite.

5'' coil is deadly and does give some pretty amazing depth for its size,mainly use in on trashy roman/saxon sites,but my every day use coil is not the stock coil but the glorious NEL Sharpshooter,that gives almost the same depth as the stock coil but has in my mind as well as alot of other user the amazing target separation.This then and this is jut my personal opinion take the all ready great T2 into a totally different league as a all round detector.I will say possibly not the best for wet sand,but i dont do beach detecting.

So the T2 gets my thumbs up for about one of the easiest setup machines going,but its the decent finds that go in the finds pouch what its all about and over the years the T2 has consistently provided me with my best finds.

You listed 4 great detectors. I have owned and used them all. I still own a very hot (as Keith Southern would call it) F19 that is much more sensitive than an earlier one that I owned.

One huge issue where I detect is high ground mineralization which is why I don't own the other three anymore. Surprisingly, the Patriot/F70 handled ground mineralization and EMI better here than the newest versions of the T2 and F75. Both the latest model T2 and F75 had extremely unstable numerical target IDs in the dirt here. I might as well have just dug absolutely everything since I really had no idea what was about to come out of the ground. The iron mineralization here also seemed to cause masking of non-ferrous targets with especially the F75 here too. The F70/Patriot was just as deep (around 10" here, to get a tone and maybe a target ID of some kind) and locked on shallower targets much better than the T2 SE with DST and the F75 black LTD DST. So, hopefully some other users of these detectors in your red clay soil conditions will contribute to this thread. I'm originally from Carrollton GA and have battled with it for years when I go back to visit family. The detectors in my profile signature can detect well there from my experience.

So, the F19/G2+ are very easy to learn and operate detectors. They are very lightweight, have a big coil selection and are really fun. The three biggest positives about the F19/G2+ for me are rock solid numerical target IDs past 6" depending on mineralization (no need to investigate down to 6" targets from every angle like on the T2 and F75), absolutely immune to EMI and ground noise with the right coils, and a fantastic All Metal mode. The discrimination mode is no slouch either but the biggest drawbacks are the limited tones available in discrimination mode and at least the appearance of lack of depth. It is basically a semi-three tone detector with iron grunt, low tone and VCO depending on where you set the movable tone break and the Fe Tone volume settings. Also good headphones with an inline volume control are a must for this detector in my opinion. As for depth, I have never dug a coin sized target that gave a "dig me" response past 10" and that is with the fantastic Detech Ultimate coil which in my opinion is a must have for the F19/G2+. I've dug plenty of larger targets past that depth with the F19 on relic hunts.The little 5" round DD is excellent for trashy areas. Any of the aftermarket under 12" elliptical coils or the 10X5 FTP elliptical coil are great general use coils. Ditch the 11X7" stock coil asap unless you have zero EMI in your area. At 19 kHz, I have dug small gold nuggets and micro jewelry that an F75/T2/Patriot would never detect unless maybe the target was sitting on the coil........I have done testing with them and the F19's Gold Bug Pro DNA is for real. It is very sensitive to smaller mid and low conductors but will hit high conductors just fine. It is not touted as a coin and jewelry detector on these forums but I can assure you, once you learn its language it can hunt anything very well. I have even used mine at salt water dry and wet sand beaches and it did just fine.

Please take into account that these are just my experiences and the dirt I regularly detect in here in the Eastern Colorado foothills is really bad, like Culpepper VA bad or worse and there are very few detectors that work like they are supposed to or how they do back east here. I actually left my F19 at my very elderly parents house in NW Georgia recently because I know it can handle the red clay soil conditions there when I visit them......

Jeff

Any detector built in this platform has great separation, the dime below was sitting between the two pieces of iron just as you see on the F70...probably with the sniper coil.

The compressed non ferrous section on the T2 seems perfectly fine for some but it would drive me crazy.

The F70/Patriot has different ergonomics than the two with triggers.
Maybe it was because I swung the F70 for many hundreds of hours before I picked up a T2 or an F70 but they both felt a little weird to me.

Can't mount a concentric coil on the T2...a deal breaker for me since I sometimes hunt public parks and sites looking for jewelry and coins with the 10" concentric and it is just so good at that and sounds so awesomely sweet when it does.

All totally subjective of course, I am a big fan of most of the FTP products and all of these are fantastic tools so you just have to figure out what YOU like.

I agree with Jeff that the F19/G2+ are great coin detectors.

:Oh yeah, they surely are!!!----Excellent coin (and relic) machines.[:thumbup:quote=dfmike]
I agree with Jeff that the F19/G2+ are great coin detectors.[/quote]

Without question the F 75 truly is a wonderful coin hunting machine. And, it has a lot of good coils available as well. It also has some very usable modes not found on some of the machines in mention. And while it will unmask with the best, it also has great depth. Its the deepest (save for the CZ) of all F T models. Don't go under gunned if you can help it. HH jim tn