Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Target id

Meditech

Looking for some advise here!!!! So is it safe to say if the target Id bounces say 79-89-84 on a target it is junk, im finding signals reading 91 and sounds deep then pop the plug and there is foil sitting a inch down in the plug. This machine is starting to remind me of a at pro which is hot on foil and bottle tops, so should I only dig signals that stay within one or two numbers of each other? I never dug one slap of foil or a beer bottle cap with the etrac so this is getting frustrating for me. How can foil read in the 80's and 90's I just dont understand 2000.00 dollars for a wireless AT pro haha.

Outside the ground foil reads correctly,in the ground where it counts 80's and even 90's consistently I'm just baffled

I hear ya, 3 year ETrac user here myself. What you need to do is sit down with a paper plate full of junk, outside the house I might add, and put the headphones on and lay the control so you can see the numbers. Just pass the junk along with some good stuff air testing all of it for an hour or so. Do it again another day. You will see the nuances of every item rather quickly. It'll take a while just like the ETrac did. You'll be amazed at the differences between each item. Run gold rings and jewelry along with coins and the junk. The ETrac was a coin shooter elite, the Deus is a metal detector elite. In practice you'll hear the differences in each target.

I agree with Jack except that I personally think the Deus is a better coinshooter than the E-trac. I am strictly a coinshooter and I traded my E-trac for the Deus and the first few days wondered if I had made a mistake. Then I learned a few of the tricks possible with the Deus and learned more about how to set my machine up and now think the Deus is a much better machine than the E-trac for what I do. I think that maybe you are not using the Deus to it's full potential especially in the area of changing frequencies to verify your targets. When I got mine for a few days I dug all kinds of junk trying to find coins. Once I learned how to switch frequencies from 12 to 4Khz to check my targets, my junk totals especially rusty bottlecaps almost went non existent and certainly no more than the E-trac. I love the Deus and don't miss my E-trac at all. I went on a group hunt yesterday and my totals on coins far exceeded anyone else and they were using high end machines like the CTX 3030, V3i, Explorer and mid range machines like the AT Pro and Garrett 350. Stay patient, learn your machine, watch videos, ask for advice of others, etc. and you will love the Deus and if you don't you certainly can trade it for another E-trac.

Pesc

I still have my etrac also, I am gonna max out some setting tonight that where posted on here and run a ton of junk under her haha and see how it goes. Should I be running the disc down around 1 or 2. I'm reading you gain alot of depth with very low disc on the deus

I couldn't agree more with what Jack said. If you spend the time learning the nuances of good/bad targets, someday it will just "click" and the language of the Deus will make sense. I have found that the numbers are good and all, but the audio is where the Deus really shines. The shape and texture of the tone is what gives me all the information I need. I guess this is why so many guys in Europe are hunting without the control box even mounted. They just listen to the shape/texture of tones to tell them whether to dig or not. I find that learning the nuances, as Jack said, is the best way to learn this machine, however, I would be a complete liar if I said that I didn't still pick up plenty of crown caps along the way. I have learned to distinguish most crown caps, but almost every hunt I am fooled by a coupe of them still. Let us know how you get along and post away with any further questions. -Marc

Ok so!!!! I put in finders settings for max depth and went out to detect. Well this opened up a whole new world my first deep target!!!! 1969 penny at 7 3/4 inches. I was so relieved to get something past the 5 inch mark. I must of had something messed up in my settings to limit depth. I am running it wide open no disc. That seems to make a world of difference

Meditech, What program and settings are you running on to get foil readings so high? My Deus reads foil at around 30.
Did you recheck the hole after you removed the foil?

I was using randy dees pasture settings deus, and yes the hole was rechecked

Just keep practicing it will come to you.

Meditech said:
I was using randy dees pasture settings deus, and yes the hole was rechecked

Sorry Meditech, I don

I am glad you are getting deeper already. I know you didn't believe my reply to your post a couple days ago but I assure you that you will start getting targets in the 8-10 inch range as we discussed in the other thread. Zero-disc is a must for greater depth (at least that is what I have found in my ground). I am looking forward to you digging even deeper as I know that this detector is perfectly capable of it.

I am just curious, how long have you had your Deus? HH -Marc

Every once in a while I get what sounds like a deep coin only to dig a tiny piece of foil at 4-6 inches. It only happens occasionally and when I'm running at 8KHz.

I got the deus on the 3rd of augest, so really I'm just a total noob at this point. I am coming leaps and bounds thou everytime I go out. There is alot of settings to contend with but I am now starting to see the capabilities of the machine.