Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Target size for minelab PI's?

I am just curious how the models stack up as far as sensitivity to smaller nuggets? I know the GPX5000 is probably the best for small gold. Just wondering how small of nuggets people have picked up with previous models? I have an Infinium that will only hit about a .3g nugget. I know that most if not all the Minelab PI's will do better than that. Which model was the first to hit (regularly) less than .1g? Looking to upgrade when the funds add up. Thanks

Hi earlier this week i picked up a 0.2 using a gp extreme with a 14x7 mono nugget finder coil it was at about 3 inch's and a good single.If you are using any pi from the extreme up you will find small gold,concentration and working slow is the way to go .The extreme has a ground balance button fitted to it so i can run in fixed tracking,i have owned all other minelab detectors the 5000 will find gold that i cannot ever hear its the best as far as handling the ground running quiet and finding gold you must work slow and concentrate

Not sure about gold but I've found single pellets of #8 shot using both the 11" Minelab Commander DD coil and a 14" Coiltek DD A.I. coil.