Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI Pro Question for Eric

cjc

Hi Eric
I recently put a TDI Pro into a Pelican case. It's very nice and has no mechanical problems but when I run it in fast salt there's just no stability at the lower Delay ranges. It needs to be run way up at 17 uSc. This is higher than a DF or my GQA2 or CS6PI. This could be the performance of the stock coil but even run way up is louder than any of the other listed machines. Question: Would a SAT circuit be viable? Big depth reduction? I run no GB in ALL.
regards,
clive

do you have the shielding inside the case?

I never miss a chance to show off my darling.
Shielded on all sides, brass pot spindles for heat dispersion--runs at the same temp as the land model.
Zero condensation.
Just a bit noisy in the salt water waves--maybe a coil upgrade is what's needed...
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Looking for something deeper than a DF. Seems to me that running with no GB in ALL is the way to accomplish this.
cjc

cjc said:
Hi Eric
I recently put a TDI Pro into a Pelican case. It's very nice and has no mechanical problems but when I run it in fast salt there's just no stability at the lower Delay ranges. It needs to be run way up at 17 uSc. This is higher than a DF or my GQA2 or CS6PI. This could be the performance of the stock coil but even run way up is louder than any of the other listed machines. Question: Would a SAT circuit be viable? Big depth reduction? I run no GB in ALL.
regards,
clive

Hello Clive,

I try to answer your question:

I've waterproofed two TDI sl and I own a SF DF , all three have standard 12" DF coils. I'm rarely able to run whichever detector at lower than 17 us in saltwater. Much depends on the following factors:

- sea surface conditions
- search depth (down to neck level Max for me)
- water salinity
- sun geomagnetic interference (K factor)
- seafloor consistency

Having said that, my personal experience says that You'll spot an average sized wedding ring equally well if you run a TDI sl at 10us,15us or 17us. It does'nt make much difference. 10us is useful to spot tiny nuggets on ground and that setting will create so much response from saltwater that you'll hear just that.
Set the delay to the minimum that gives you the most stable threshold and don't worry about losing depth on rings because you'll not.

About case shielding I believe it's totally useless, but I might be wrong. My two SLs are very stable without case shieding..

Lucar

Thanks for your detailed reply, Lucar. You are right--I've done a lot of testing since that post and am finding that even up at 1:00 oclock (18+ uSc) the TDT Pro still hits rings at depth. Surprisingly, there is no setting at with a decent sized band is lost--not so with most pulses. Just seems that it needs to be run higher than most pulses (GQA2, DF). Im finding that reducing the Vol helps too. I was shocked at how noisy it was in waves at the lower ranges say 15 uSc.
Regards,
clive

lucar said:
Having said that, my personal experience says that You'll spot an average sized wedding ring equally well if you run a TDI sl at 10us,15us or 17us. It does'nt make much difference. 10us is useful to spot tiny nuggets on ground and that setting will create so much response from saltwater that you'll hear just that.
Set the delay to the minimum that gives you the most stable threshold and don't worry about losing depth on rings because you'll not.

Lucar

I don't own a tdi but in this case- water hunting- you will see difference (on PI detector with 10us or under) only with small gold items(unde 1gram), like earrings, thin necklaces, medallions. Running higher delay your detector might not see them. But, you will also dig more small bits of trash.