Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon HELP

Odanscoils

Found a new Tejon detector.
Got mixed up on coil types.
To anxious finding a new Tejon. Jumped at it.
As we all know.
Almost impossible to find anything Tesoro.
I've purchased most coils in the Epsilon family for my other machine.
Didn't realize the Tejon was Delta family.
Darn.
Is there any way to adapt or is there an adapter to run Epsilon coils on a Delta machine.???
Please say Yes

Found a new Tejon detector.
Got mixed up on coil types.
To anxious finding a new Tejon. Jumped at it.
As we all know.
Almost impossible to find anything Tesoro.
I've purchased most coils in the Epsilon family for my other machine.
Didn't realize the Tejon was Delta family.
Darn.
Is there any way to adapt or is there an adapter to run Epsilon coils on a Delta machine.???
Please say Yes
No.

Mike is right. Different specifications for impedance and they need to match the detector design.
Never believe in Never ,,

I can match impedance with small LCR or LC circuits.
And adapt plugs.
I can test the coils.
Shoot a signal thru them and identify Some parameters.
But without destroying some hard to find coils.
Shielding and general construction.
I can't make a perfect match.
Metal detectors I've never experimented on.
To test what's coming out of the machines.
I need a matching load coil to prevent burning them up.
I'm thinking of a short coil wire extension box with tap points at the present.
Where do after market coils manufacture's get the info to make those coils ???

Never believe in Never ,,

I can match impedance with small LCR or LC circuits.
And adapt plugs.
I can test the coils.
Shoot a signal thru them and identify Some parameters.
But without destroying some hard to find coils.
Shielding and general construction.
I can't make a perfect match.
Metal detectors I've never experimented on.
To test what's coming out of the machines.
I need a matching load coil to prevent burning them up.
I'm thinking of a short coil wire extension box with tap points at the present.
Where do after market coils manufacture's get the info to make those coils ???
I can too ... then the issue is, you need the actual specifications with tolerances or a known good coil to make some very accurate measurements and a known good TX/RX circuit to make sure you have it all tuned correctly. The VLF detector coils tend to need to be very accurately matched, while the Pulse Induction ones tend to be more tolerant of being off a little.
If you want to play with it, sign up on Geotech1 forum, introduce yourself and start asking some questions.
Edited to add: I did search for coils for the Tejon, I see some available, but a little pricey. At least there are some that can be had.
Second edit: I had access to a lot of test equipment; not now and I have not been inclined to buy any sophisticated test gear for home. That affects ability to accurately measure ...

Last edited:
I can too ... then the issue is, you need the actual specifications with tolerances or a known good coil to make some very accurate measurements and a known good TX/RX circuit to make sure you have it all tuned correctly. The VLF detector coils tend to need to be very accurately matched, while the Pulse Induction ones tend to be more tolerant of being off a little.
If you want to play with it, sign up on Geotech1 forum, introduce yourself and start asking some questions.
Edited to add: I did search for coils for the Tejon, I see some available, but a little pricey. At least there are some that can be had.
Eggzactly
I was on that forum years ago.
Had a new coil design I wanted to try.
Didn't get around to it after a move.
Everything's in box's. Can't find anything.lol
Now that my wife's bought me a round toit.
If I can find it again.
I'm getting back in the game. So to speak.
Been so long ago I can't remember who's who on that forum.

Yes
I've seen what's available.
Thinking of one larger and the Little 5" round.
Any info on them ???
Been working my way thru the beep an dig forums.
Seems like everyone's jumped to the latest an greatest.
I may just get some tiny coils for my favorite Sovereign GT. Trying to beat nails and iron Deeper.
And hang my hat up on this idea. 🙁🤔
Sad I know it can be done.
As hard as finding Anything Tesoro as of late.
I don't want to destroy any good coils.

Reactions: tvr
I've got the 5.75 concentric coil for my Tejon (and the standard coil and the cleansweep). The 5.75 is surprisingly deep and works very well in separating targets in a trashy environment. In mild ground I've dug nickles in the 9 inch deep range with the little coil. Tejon is deeper on the nickle range than on the dime / quarter range.
I don't have specifications on impedance.

I've got the 5.75 concentric coil for my Tejon (and the standard coil and the cleansweep). The 5.75 is surprisingly deep and works very well in separating targets in a trashy environment. In mild ground I've dug nickles in the 9 inch deep range with the little coil. Tejon is deeper on the nickle range than on the dime / quarter range.
I don't have specifications on impedance.

Man I'd Love a Cleansweep for my Tejon.
Your experience with the 575 coil was my inspiration to buy the Tejon.
Hopefully the new 5" round or the 3.5x6.5 will come close.
Though I have my doubts.
Tesoros did incredible tuning to match coils to machine's. Man I wish they were still around.

Reactions: tvr
I got an F75 LTD when they came out. The little 6 inch elliptical concentric coil can get extremely close to rebar filled side walks and play ground equipment ... better on that than the Tejon with the little coil, In the middle conductor range, the Tejon still beat the F75 with the little coil on depth in mild ground. F75 was deeper on dimes and quarters. In more highly mineralized ground the Tejon faded.

Funny story; the local high school has a little court yard that I stared detecting a long time ago. I knew I had competition. I met a guy with a whites XLT who told me I would find nothing in the court yard because he had emptied it. After that, around this one tree, with the Tejon and 5.75 coil I was digging handfuls of deep nickles ... then up comes a nice mens wedding band ... I think it was about an 8 gram ring. Yup ... he emptied it!.