Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

teknetic T-2?

Sonny(IN)

Back in the 80's I used Teknetics and did well with them.. But I have heard rumors that they are having a few problems with the T-2. Has anyone heard such or is that just a bad rumor?????

Hi Sonny,

As far as I know, I was the only one having trouble with a released version T2 and that was due to a coil. A new coil fixed it right up.

We are still learning the ins and out of the new unit. It is simple and easy to use, with great performance, but there is still alot to it. Steel bottle cap identification is a topic of discussion because that is the only wart the machine has. (got a few moles but only one wart:nono:) Because of that, a lot of focus has gone into the bottle cap id because there is no other performance issue to focus on. As we learn more, even this wart starts to fade.

HH

Mike

<H3>No matter what I do with this new T-2, I just can't seem to get it to ignore certain types of targets. Doesn't matter if they are shallow, deep, near other targets, or WHATEVER. The machine BEEPS on this stuff and it's almost impossible to discriminate it out!
>
>
If this continues, I may have to revert to some VERY serious and drastic measures !!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
[attachment 15008 DSC00243.JPG]
>
>
>
Like maybe actually keeping it and forgetting about a few other options.</H3> :lol:

Ralph

It certainly does have one serious flaw.

It will make all HONEST Bounty Hunter bashers sit down and shut up once they have actually tried one out or hunted against one!

I for one am happy that it has this flaw and hope that Bounty Hunter/First Texas/Teknetics continues to incorporate this extremely serious flaw in all of its new entries into the market.

It has become my favorite all-around detector and for relic hunting in particular it is rapidly becoming my favorite machine as well.

While relic hunting this past weekend in a badly hunted-out civil war site it had no trouble at all finding goodies that were deep enough to be in Fisher territory! Trust me, I know since I hunt with two Fisher machines as well.

How many rusty nails did it make me dig? Not a single one! Now that is something to crow about when relic hunting. That Fe3O4 gauge is a wonderful thing.

You have to understand how this industry has it's shills and henchmen running around with their heads cut off every time a new release comes along that causes the least bit of perceived threat to the well-established manufacturers. This is far from being anything new here on the forums. Just take the "rumors" with a grain of salt, especially coming from someone who has never laid hands on the machine they are trying to discredit. Intentions and agendas are obvious when you read between the lines. Alot of the legitimate information on a new machine will come from those who have actual experinece with the units after having paid their own money to obtain one, and the disinformation you read otherwise more often than not eventually proves to be based on pure fabrication rather than having a basis in fact.

FWIW,

Ralph

Trying out other models while I wait to see if they decide to offer more coil options in the future. There was alot I liked about the T2, a little I didn't, but for most of my VID needs, the Ace 250 will do fine for the time being. All VID machines have their limits when it comes to accurate ID at depth and I haven't seen any radical change in that respect, so non-ID machines fill that niche better for me anyway. I'll still be keeping an eye on future offerings though.

Ralph

That's why they named it a Teknetics and not a Bounty Hunter. Remember , when First Texas bought Bounty Hunter/Teknetics it took their technology and cheapened it up into their mass marketed detector plans. With a real engineer finally putting something into one of their detectors you can now see the result. I hope they continue this process also.it's been a long time since I've wanted to use a Bounty Hunter.this detector is changing my mind.