Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2

B

buttondigger

Mines going to Culpepper Va. tomorrow. Ground zero for extreme ground minerals and iron rich soil. Working in Va. Beach all next week . Will give it a tryout there also. It is very impressive in its ability to detect targets close together. Depth here in Richmond is off the chart. Lets just say extreme for now. Tex

Hey buttondigger,

Let us know how it does for you in Culpepper. I'll like to know how the moisture content with the mineralization affects it. I haven't had enough moisture to hunt anything but dry ground. No beach reports yet either so we all will be ready to read those.

Sounds like you like it so far :bouncy:

I know you guys said the T-2 has problems with bottle caps,but how does it handle iron.Small round and square iron,small nails,etc.If bottle caps don't get rejected good,it would seem to me that iron may also be a problem.Dave

Bottlecaps are steel or a steel alloy.....steel will ID as a quarter. Go find a small steel pipe fitting..it will ring like a coin on all machines.
Iron is a completely different metal as far as a detector is concerned.

you beat me to it. Iron is iron, bottle caps can be anything but. Just because they rust doesn't make them iron.

But to answer Dave's question, it does quite well in iron, the little bit I used it in. There's is no super duper circuit that makes it so you can find a dream coin under a bed of nails, but it will handle an iron infested area well, discriminating it out if needed.

I will have to sit back and let the more experienced user report in on this.

Mr. Bill

I don't get good signals on bottle caps with the DFX or the XLT when I had it.Also couldn't pick up STEEL pennies worth a crap.Only found one steel penny.It was with the XLT about 10 years ago,but it was sandwhiched in between two wheaties.

Whites had to add the bottlecap reject for this purpose. Now of course I was one of the first to own a DFX and I respect that machine.
Bottlecaps are a weird issue....some machines reject em well...and others love em. Ask an honest coinstrike user and he has to admit they can be a bugger on that machine.
But I guess the best answer is the one that answers you true question...and that is iron. Well I hit that field to day for one reason...iron...alot of it...it is mostly forged square nails and crate spikes....and the T2 walked through em like any top line detector should.
I cannot speak for bottlecaps as I don't run into them much. I suppose every detector has it's Dr. Moriarty...it's nemissis. Bottlecaps must be the T2's Achilles heal. But that is why we have choices.....hey if it turns out to hold up that the T2 sucks on bottlecaps...and if I had alot of bottlecaps I would sell this thing tomorrow.....and I would suggest anyone who hunts with areas loaded with bottlecaps to hold off on getting a T2.
The purpose of us testing and complaining is to give potential buyers a true vision verses the marshmallow junk that comes from Lost treasures tests. They are so worthless if they field tested a cow pie on a stick they would write a good review.
My view is.....point out every little problem...for two reasons. First so maybe they will fix it and second...so a new buyer has an idea of what the weakness is. For example..as it sits today if you beat the heck of machines you better be cautious with the T2 for now. I am hard on a machine and I will have to be a bit more carefull with the T2 than I am with a DFX.
So anyway...we were talking iron....no problems there..if there were I would have seen them within15 minutes at my field. It is a bugger...no BS'ing your way around that area...it works.,.ot it does not..and the other day it drove a friends CS nuts with the iron.
Scott

At almost half the price of an Imploder,you seem to be getting quite a bit of bang for your buck.As for the bottle cap reject,that was on the XLT almost 15 years ago.I've never had mine above 1 and dig maybe 1 bottle cap a year at most.Dave

They are great in that area....I admit. Hopefully the T2 will hold up under more real life tests. I don't think anyone should run out and buy yet based on reports......too soon. Sure a person should buy one if it twists there figs just right but not enough user info to judge with alot of confidence.
My input is it shows potential.....so for those on the fence and read our posts it is still an unproven detector but it shows promise.

weren't willing and capable of working around minor design quirks, none of them would have bought a DFX either. :lol: Now if you're really referring to "the fox and grapers", well that's a different issue. They would find a way to stay away no matter what. ;)

My buddy dumped his CS for that reason...there were better choices for his application. There is no need to deal with an issue like that if it plays into your daily detecting.
I wish I hunted areas that have bottlecaps as I would see how it works here......but I just don't do that type of detecting.
There are too many choices of detectors to feel you should put up with a fault like that. It is not a knock on the T2 just a weakness in that area.
Scott

That's what I was trying to get across.If a detector has a lot of problems with iron,It wouldn't be a good choice for someone who hunts mostly cellar holes.If another detector is not sensitive to foil and has trouble on saltwater beaches,I don't think a beach hunter who looks for rings will want it,etc.