Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro silver sabre 2 parts?

Tooldude

Have an old silver sabre 2 i purchased new back in the mid 90's. love this thing and it still works fine except the on/off/sensitivity pot is starting to fail(imagine that after nearly 30 years!) and i can't seem to match it up anywhere. Its a 10k 5 pin alpha brand pot that tesoro probably used on numerous models over the years that apparently was made as proprietary just for them. Would anyone by slim chance still know what the factory part number is/was for this stupid thing? If i can't find it or match it up somehow then this old gal will soon end up on the scrap pile, and thats a shame just due to a cheap little dial

Attachments

• 20220128_021606.jpg
    20220128_021606.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 292
I don't think you'll have any problem getting it from your local electronics dealer. You can also order it online. What if you should know how to solder the wires correctly in place. I think mate Sven could help you.

I don't think you'll have any problem getting it from your local electronics dealer. You can also order it online. What if you should know how to solder the wires correctly in place. I think mate Sven could help you.
Actually, i've checked every electronics supplier i can find on the net, including the manufacturer who made it(alpha) This pot most likely was produced only for tesoro back in the day and now is no longer available. Nor can i find any metal detector parts suppliers that still has any original parts like this for the older tesoro machines. Cannot even find anyone who can tell me what the original tesoro part number was for this pot. Seems to be a lost cause for something that probably cost less than 10 bucks when tesoro was still in business. Soldering this pot in would take all of 5 minutes if i could find it. Thanks

Forgive me if you have misunderstood something. I use an online translator. Send a PM to Sven, Monte or Carl-NC. I'm sure they can help

Call Tesoro, had a problem with my original Silver Sabre, they said sent it in for repair and it didn't cost anything that it was lifetime warranty. Came back like new. Worth a call.

Call Tesoro, had a problem with my original Silver Sabre, they said sent it in for repair and it didn't cost anything that it was lifetime warranty. Came back like new. Worth a call.
Tesoro is out of business; no phone number. Sven knows what he is talking about.