Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tesoro silver sabre

macinpa

I have a Tesoro silver sabre t hat I bought new in 1986. it's in great shape..any ideas on the value of this old detector? thanks mac

That is still a sought-after machine (albeit a "niche" machine) that some ghost-towner types like. Those 2-filter Tesoros were not known for depth or abilities in nasty soils. But rather: They were excellent for seeing through & around nails and small iron. So they'd be good for ghost townsy nail-riddled sites, sidewalk tearouts or building demolitions in old-town districts, etc....

As for value ? I think I've gotten a few of those types (Bandido, Sabre, shadow x2, etc...) in the arena of $200-ish. As much as there still may be a "market", yet the reality is: There's no shortage of them that pop up on fleabay, etc.... So the used prices aren't that high.

You can do a backwards look on fleabay (I think it can go back 30 days) to see what recent sales were. And how many people were bidding at the time. That will give you an idea of the current market .

I took it to a flea market on sat. sold it for $35.00. only one person was interested. had to sell it. we are moving to an apartment and not enough storage.still have a silver umax and a detector pro. thanks for taking the time to help me. mac

$35 ?? You'd have gotten more than that on fleabay, I think . Been awhile since I bought one from fleabay or an md'ing classified section, but FOR SURE they always fetched $100 or more. Oh well, thanx for reporting back.