Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tested the DETECTING BUDDY -HARNESS TODAY:clapping:

GunnarMN

[size=large]Say I tried this detecting buddy today , and it works great the bliss is not a light machine at 3.9 lbs. Now I have also tried the swingy thing, and its a bit complicated and i did not like it being harnessed in the front so i tore it apart and just swung it off one strap . and it looks like extreem detecting solved the problem with this one , its very simple to set up and does not feel aqward at all I simply slipped the bunge over the detector box and snugged it up , Got a great swing and the bliss now is very light , takes all the weight off the arm. this is a great harness and i would highly recomend it they are Giving them away at 20.00 shipped I tell you this is nice about time somone made something that works [/size]

Gunnar - thanks for the positive feedback.

Almost 500 sold since we introduced it in the fall...

Barry

and its so easy to switch from left to right, I can see why its been selling , hope you sell another 1000 by falll thanks for making it avalible man you saved me a lot of suffering , and who knows how many more finds this will put in my bag. just because i dont get tired so fast or can hunt two days in a row, maby three days in a row.

Sidney, you can get it from extreem detecting hear is the link http://www.extremedetecting.com

I use mine on my Explorer SE. I found that it works best when attached half way down the rod between the handle and the coil. The bungy isn't long enough for this so I had to lengthen it with a string. The string has a small loop on the end to clip the harness to.

I threw away the plastic clip and replaced it with an S hook. I attached the S hook to the harness strap and crimped it so that it won't fall off. I left the other end of the S hook open. The S hook is much easier to unhook than the plastic clip.

Hi Badger - even after adjusting the nylon strap portion to the maximum length - you still felt the bungee section didn't work for you? The purpose of the bungee section is just to be able to stretch it to go over the control unit head and then get secured down to the shaft. The actual length of the bungee, once connected to the shaft, doesn't matter as long as you can get some stretch from it to aid in smooth swinging...
Most of the users attach the bungee section just an inch or so past the control unit head on the shaft. No one has had to make a mod like you did...but to each his own for their comfort...

Badger in NH said:
I use mine on my Explorer SE. I found that it works best when attached half way down the rod between the handle and the coil. The bungy isn't long enough for this so I had to lengthen it with a string. The string has a small loop on the end to clip the harness to.

I threw away the plastic clip and replaced it with an S hook. I attached the S hook to the harness strap and crimped it so that it won't fall off. I left the other end of the S hook open. The S hook is much easier to unhook than the plastic clip.

No, the bungee is an important part. I didn't change that. I just tied a 16 inch piece of eighth inch nylon rope to it in order to take up the distance and tied a loop on the end to hook the strap to.

The closer the bungee attachment is to the coil, the more power it will have to lift it. Putting the bungee near the center of the detectors length helps to balance the machine. I saw some Brits doing it this way on a video and copied it.

I didn't get to try this on the Bliss. It works great on the Explorer.

Another mod I had to make was to permanently tie the strap band to the collar because it kept sliding down the strap.

Barry Extreme Detecting said:
Hi Badger - even after adjusting the nylon strap portion to the maximum length - you still felt the bungee section didn't work for you? The purpose of the bungee section is just to be able to stretch it to go over the control unit head and then get secured down to the shaft. The actual length of the bungee, once connected to the shaft, doesn't matter as long as you can get some stretch from it to aid in smooth swinging...
Most of the users attach the bungee section just an inch or so past the control unit head on the shaft. No one has had to make a mod like you did...but to each his own for their comfort...

Badger in NH said:

An Extreme Detecting original:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rD9fzSKr1k[/video]