Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

That time of year again.

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
My saddle is taken out of the barn tack room and is hanging on the wall over the computer as I type, This time of year I keep the battery pack out of my Sovereign. Today started charging my three battery packs to full charge to make sure this spring I don't have a dead battery. During the winter season I will check the packs with a voltage meter and charge as needed. Any ideas appreciated on storing the detector over the winter season. HH Ron

You are putting your gear away and I am sitting here wishing I could get out. Winter is my main clad fishing time. On the local beaches people park on the sand along side of the streets. Great place for an old clad hunter to pick up a few bucks. Parks, Playgrounds and tot lots are usually deserted. But haven't figured out how to detect and not ruin the walking boot that I have to wear until almost Christmas.

Going to be in WV and don't think I will be able to hit my permission up there. Also just got a permission locally and here I sit

George, might get out for a couple of searches, but time to start charging my extra batteries and putting things away. Nine inches of snow and iced buckets is a wake up call. LOL the ground even froze in my horseshoe pits. But I do have a couple of searches left in me. Last two weeks cut about 4 cords of firewood. This week warmer weather. Thanks Ron

With the sand that is in our ground I suspect that any plastic bags that could cover the boot would wear thru in a very short period of time. Plus getting down to dig a deep or difficult target would be hard to do. Getting down would be no problem but the getting up would be.

GeorgeinSC said:
You are putting your gear away and I am sitting here wishing I could get out. Winter is my main clad fishing time. On the local beaches people park on the sand along side of the streets. Great place for an old clad hunter to pick up a few bucks. Parks, Playgrounds and tot lots are usually deserted. But haven't figured out how to detect and not ruin the walking boot that I have to wear until almost Christmas.

Going to be in WV and don't think I will be able to hit my permission up there. Also just got a permission locally and here I sit

A few years ago I missed one whole spring summer and fall....due to a walking boot & then a cast on my foot up to mid calf, trying to correct a foot problem that finally took surgery to fix....so I know how you feel George.....Larry in SC.