Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

That would depend upon the age, interest level, and desires of the .... "BEGINNER" .... because

A

Anonymous

not everyone who's a "beginner" and interested in baseball should start out with a fat plastic bat and 'whiffle ball', or a short bat and 'T-ball' outfit!
I have some close friends who started out ... <EM>true beginners</EM> ... using a low-end Tesoro Silver Sabre (1986), Garrett Groundhog & Garrett Deepseeker (1982), White's XLT (1995), White's XLT (2003), White's DFX (2004), Teknetics 8500-B and 9000-B (1983), White's Classic ID (2004), White's MXT (2003), and quite a few who got their start in the 1970's with TR's, BFO's and VLF's that didn't have any discrimination.
Some started out with the lowest-cost models from reputable manufacturers, but most of the "<EM>beginners</EM>" I have known and hunted with for years started out knowing that it was an INVESTMENT, and as such, it was worth buying as much metal detector as they could afford that was going to be functional and versatile enough to serve a variety of hunting applications.
I do NOT suggest buying the most expensive models simply because they are, but certainly buy enough detector that you won't lose interest.
I also suggest that as you're shopping for a detector to get started in this great hobby, make sure you purchase one that will accept a smaller-than-stock search coil. You will find that the more dedicated and successful coin hunters will have a 4", 5", 5