Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Deus doesn't have to find amazing stuff every time

pulltabMiner

Sometimes it is just a journeyman. This is from an hour hunt at a sidewalk strip at our Thanksgiving annual family reunion:

tg-hunt.jpg

Three silver Rosies? I would say that's a fantastic day! I have about a 50' long section of sidewalk strip in my front yard, and have pulled all the high and mid-ranged targets from it using a CZ-6 - I wonder what the Deus could pick out of there that the CZ-6 can't see due to iron in the sidewalk! Great day!

CZconnoisseur said:
Three silver Rosies? I would say that's a fantastic day! I have about a 50' long section of sidewalk strip in my front yard, and have pulled all the high and mid-ranged targets from it using a CZ-6 - I wonder what the Deus could pick out of there that the CZ-6 can't see due to iron in the sidewalk! Great day!

If you are talking about the rebar in the concrete it should not really have any effect on your detector except right up against it which will effect and detector.A small coil would be the biggest help.
The Deus shines when hunting in areas littered with iron , nails and other trash.
Jpiddle

I have an issue with the rebar as well, and would love any strategies for dealing with it. Many of the curb strips around here are very narrow -- only 2' - 3' in many places. So there's not much to swing over if you're not up near the edge of the sidewalk or the curb (which around here usually has rebar, too). I don't really want a smaller coil, but would love a way to deal with the situation. The rebar varies on where it rings in, but often it's in the 70s when using 12 kHz. On some very shallow targets I can still get a 2nd tone that I can differentiate from the rebar, but that tends to be recent clad drops, or pull-tabs, bottle caps, etc.

Thanks,
Rich

Seems that every sidewalk I hunt near has a decent mid-high tone when I get within 2" of the concrete...for the entire length of the sidewalk so I hunt out far enough from the edge to keep that signal out of my sweep. I assume it's the reinforcing fabric in the concrete. It's simialrly difficult to hunt next to chain link fences for the same reason.

I'd be pleased with your haul...even if it was all clad. I know this isn't going to make me rich in a financial sense. I just love the time where my mind goes blank other than listening to the tones. I zone out and it's very relaxing.

biggziff said:
I just love the time where my mind goes blank other than listening to the tones. I zone out and it's very relaxing.

Exactly!!

This is the biggest reason why I fish the dirt!!

Jeff