Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The eagle has landed GPX 5000

Charles (Upstate NY)

Arrived this afternoon, after 16 years swinging an Explorer its time to learn something new!

eagle2.jpg

Congratulations Charles!

Be careful, buying GPX coils can be as much an addiction as getting the latest and greatest detectors.

You'll be very pleased with the GPX 5000, Congrats!

Paul

Thanks Paul, the Pro Pack will arrive tomorrow so that will give me 3 coils. Its possible I'll need a small coil for the GPX 5000 to get down in-between rocks and such. I wish it had a probe like the Explorer X1 probe. I saw some posts about a Coiltek probe but don't know if they still make them.

Good deal Charles, 3 coils from the get go. Yeah, get the Commander 10" x 5" DD elliptical coil. That's my favorite coil for relic hunting. You can mount the battery on the side housing pouch really isn't that heavy with the Small DD, that's about the only coil you'll get away with without mounting the battery on the chest harness. The other coils will wear you down, I've started to use the Hip stick with my 15" Detech Sprial DD, one mean coil but boy is it heavy. Hip stick takes away the weight, must have for larger coils.

Congrats,
Paul

Your right about that Paul. I now have the 5 X 10 DD and the 11" DD also the 12 X 15 DD and the 18 " DD along with a 17 in mono Nugget Finder. Lot's of money in coils.

Wow Jim!

Five coils that's what I had, just sold the 15" x 12" DD Commander so now you're up 1 from my coils.

After purchasing the 15" Detect Sprial, that coil pretty much covers my large coil for DD coverage.

My smaller 10" x 5" DD Commander just went south, need to cut and resolder the connector back on, cable has a short near the connector.
Already miss it, back to the 11" DD.

Paul

Hi Charles,

If your still looking, here's one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coiltek-1-Pinpointer-Probe-for-Minelab-SD-GP-GPX-Metal-Detector-C03-0001-/291655851098?hash=item43e80b1c5a:g:XCkAAOSwJkJWkCn2

:ausflag: Charles congratulations on the new detector they are a great machine as fare as coil I would not bother looking a any other coils until you fully under stand the detector .The 2 11 inch coils DD and Mono are very good coils we have found many pieces of gold with these coils in AUS.regards john

Hello all, not is where introduce myself, I'm new on the Forum, and I am Spanish, automatic translator. I have problems with gpx 5000, I need help with a question of audio,¿Sonido de los auriculares a desaparecido, solo hace la conexión del sonido externo, pero con un sonido raro, al cancelar el minimo el umbral mínimo y rx, suena un biimmmgggg, es NORMAL que el sonido de phono con mínimo umbral L sonido externo? ¿ME TEMO QUE ES DAÑADO AMPLIFICADOR DE SONIDO, PUEDES ATUDARME?