Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The G2+LTD put a nice ring in my pocket yesterday

Mike Hillis

I hadn't had my G2+LTD out very much after I bought it, so I unpacked it, put the stock coil on it and took it out yesterday to do a little audio profile testing. You know, tiny sounds tiny, coin sounds coin, bottle caps sound larger than coins, etc...stuff like that.

Got a zinc penny reading, 78, and thought ok....penny, tight pinpoint, good audio profile....nope, silver ring instead. Was quite the surprise.

About 3" deep....

.925 silver with a EC hallmark with some very nice stones. I don't have my hopes up that the stones are real due to it being silver but hey never know until I get them tested. If the stones are good I got some ching! ching!. If the stones are not diamonds its still a $100 ring.

Anyway....show and tell. Its a real starburst on the finger in the sunlight.

HH
Mike

[attachment 359964 715a.jpg][attachment 359965 715b.jpg][attachment 359966 715c.jpg]

Nice ring Mike even if the stones aren't. I've been looking at the G2+ a lot. Might pull the trigger on one in the fall.

Very nice classic shape. That's a sizable stone. I hope it's real.

I'm surprised at the lowish ID. I found many silver rings with my F19 and the smallest one which Is really small gives me more than 80 on the ID. Your post got me thinking that I might have past a few silver items by cherry picking over the 80 mark at times (looking for silver quarters and rings). I'll be more careful from now on.

Nice ring Mike, congrats.-----It's odd that it came in with such a low reading though.----Did you check the ground after recovery to see if anything else was there (pulling it down)?-----------Del

Del, Mike,
The ring is rather small, for a petite hand. I've found several silver rings that ID like a zinc penny. I even have a couple of thin silver rings that ID like a tab. You just never know for sure until you dig it up.

I've been looking for a ring sizer when we do the indoor flea markets and such but haven't found one for sale yet.

HH
Mike

That would sure get my attention if I saw it laying there after digging it up Mike! Nice!!

The G2+ was the latest addition to my detectors. I've found it to be one of the most enjoyable to use!

Nice find :cheers: the G2 is a coin & jewelry vacuum & you can swing it for hours & hours.