Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Nokta/Makro Simplex+ is doing great.

JASONSPAZ1

It is insane that Nokta/Makro can sell such a powerful machine for 299.99
I actually think that it will be of detriment to think that this machine cant keep up with so many of the other machines out there.
Whatever you use is the best for you. All the major manufactures make quality machines.
It is just that this Simplex+ is putting a big smile on my face. I had a great time today with it.

Take care
Jason

Awesome can't wait for mine too arrive.

Hope it is everything that people are saying that it is? Seen lots of videos from England and this unit is amazing compared to other manufacturers high end machines. Only one concern for me is, how does one change out the LIPO battery if it goes bad?

Bulletman

Shalom

u2robert said:
Monte, can we expect the same great performance with the Simplex in iron as we do with other Nokta detectors?
A good question that many people might ask. Matter-of-fact, it is one of the questions I have regarding the Simplex + when it comes to performance potential, as well as what performance behavior we can get in very littered sites [size=small](referring to modern trashy conditions)[/size], performance in a dense iron contaminated ghost town type site, and ability to handle very extreme salt conditions to include dry to wet conditions.

We need to keep in mind that the Simplex + was designed and marketed for the so-called " " detector group and that suggests it might not have all the workable features/functions nor the same level of performance potential as a mid-priced to higher-priced model from them. What we do know is the most recent updates with the Simplex +, just released, show us this model does have some very modern features for such a low-priced model, to include Iron Audio Volume. It might be very limited in adjustment range, but at least it is there.

We also know that the Simplex + was engineered by a company that has provided us some excellent build-quality models that are, as a whole, very good at taking on most iron contaminated sites. So good, that while I own some top-performing competitor's models and have compared many tough side-by-side tests with some of my Test Scenario samples, either on my own or with the assistance of friends with their different brands/models, I still have not found ANY detector that can match the performance in an iron nail can demonstrate what I get out of the Nokta FORS CoRe or FORS Relic. Those are my dedicated go-to units for the ugliest of iron debris sites.

I have watched some videos from the UK demonstrating the Simplex + performance and they are very impressive, but there are a few things I'd need to best answer your question:

1st.. I need to get a Simplex + in-hand to put through the paces.

2nd.. We have to remember that the Simplex + comes standard with an over-size 11" DD coil, and that makes it more difficult to get the best performance in a trashier environment. Especially if the trash is ferrous-based junk.

3rd.. I'm here in the USA and while we do have some wide-open grassy parks, or big beaches, and some folks will work open pasture or range land, that is more typical for many other places such as the plowed fields they generally search in the UK or elsewhere. The bulk of the metal detecting sites here in the USA are trashier and more confined such as private yards, playgrounds and tot-lots, parking strips, many other 'common' urban areas, and we can't ignore the very densely trashed non-urban places like homesteads, ghost towns, pioneer and military encampments, logging and mining camps and townsites, stage stops, old dancehall sites or picnic and recreations gathering places, and in most of those environments, we are better served when using a smaller-size search coil.

I wish the Simplex + would have been offered with two different search coils, maybe at slightly different price-points, such as the round 11" DD now standard, and perhaps a 7" Concentric. It wasn't, so now we also have to hope a smaller coil is soon offered up as an accessory for the Simplex +. For most typical day-to-day trashy site encounters, a 7" Concentric would be very versatile. And for the really terrible sites that are loaded with abundant nails and other small iron debris, the 5' DD has proven to be the best all-purpose performer to handle those from Nokta / Makro.

So, out-of-the-box today a Simplex + is probably going to handle a low to maybe moderate amount of iron with the stock 11" DD coil, and I would bet it will better the "entry-level" offerings from all competitors in it's price range, no problem. But to take on the really tough iron-filled places I mainly search, it will need to have a smaller-size coil. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two smaller coils from Nokta / Makro in the near future for the Simplex + because that's just how this terrific company operates. They build great detectors and do what they feel is best to satisfy the consumer and their desires.

Monte