Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The "SECRET" mode . . . . . .again :stars:

Andy Sabisch

This subject has come up several times before when someone found the hidden technican screens and thought they had unlocked a part of the Deus that was not intended to be released. It has been posted here as well as on numerous forums including XP's own forum which resulted in Alain himself posting a response.

If anyone is thinking about dumping their current programs in lieu of this "secret" mode, read over a few of the previous posts just on this site and see what comes up. Here is a thread to start with . . . . .

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1843585,1846726

I have always said that people should use what works for them so if this secret mode that is not intended to be used for actual searching but rather servicing works for Spellman, then by all means stick with it.

Andy Sabisch

Thanks for chiming in Andy.

It definitely works for me for trashy areas and shallow targets and its great in the dry sand. I dont use pinpoint mode anyways. I won't be using it for verry deep targets but mostly I hunt for jewelry. It may not work out for others but its nice to know all the ins and outs of the machine.

Thanks Andy for clearing that up for me anyway. It made no sense to me that a manufacture would have options and then hide them from the user.

Im going to try and make a video today that shows how I use it and how it can be used as another feature for an already great detector. Its not foolproof and not perfect as no detector is but I think it is another tool that can be used to help some people. I have not made a detector video before and normally wouldn't but I think that its worth it to show people how this could possibly help there hunts.

I like the feature even though its a just a diagnostic tool. I hope it's still included in V3 but easier to access (like switching between program modes).
Another tool in the arsenal as far as I'm concerned. Definatly fun to experiment with.

would certainly appreciate a video showing how you use it.

/guy

Andy Sabisch said:
[del]Here is a thread to start with . . . . . http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1843585,1846726

[del]/quote]

exactly one of my guesses in the other thread as to why this function was 'masked'. good to have it confirmed from the source.

thanks,

/guy

Looks like the Polar Plot feature on the V3i. It is only accurate on shallow targets though.

Yes it provides information but it offers limited depth and no Ground Balance capabilities . . . . . so on tot lots or recent drops you might find it provides information that can ID targets, but most will find that the tones and target ID values provide that information without the impact of depth and mineralization adversely affecting the response.

Again, if it works by all means use it but Alain had his reasons for not touting it as another search mode

Andy

By using this screen exclusively im learning about it. It does offer you ground balance info when your machine starts to lose its ground balance the screen shows a constant horizontal line above or below the fixed line while searching. I have been using tracking mode and have learned that it doesn't track to good but if you have it set to tracking and pump the coil every once in awhile it works much better. So when ever I see the horizontal line start to show up I pump the coil to balance and its been working great. Also I have found that while using tracking mode if you get a very faint signal and you move beside the target and pump the coil it will make that signal much stronger. As for depth and info using the xy screen I have been finding it to be pretty good. Today I found a small 1.7 gram 14k ring at 6 inches and the signal on the screen was a perfect line in the nickel range. Also deep coins have been giving me good signals on the screen. Its not perfect but the vid isn't exactly perfect either. The sounds on the deus I would say are perfect , this machine gives so much info with its sounds. I love it. The xy screen isn't for everyone but I would say dont knock it tell you try it. It is an added tool and it works great for me. I just dont like getting stuck on numbers cause there is alot more variance to the numbers than just a line on the screen. I think thats why alot of people like minelabs smart find screen so much. The main info im looking at on the xy screen is where the conductivity falls and how clean of a signal it is. I know the sounds tell me that info to but I have only had the deus for a little over a week and im still learning the sounds, the screen is just a crutch for now. After I learn the sounds better I plan on hunting with out the control box mounted and just using the sounds as thats the way I like to hunt . I love beep and dig machines. Just my info on what I am learning about the screen. Take it or leave it. Also Andy when is your book on the deus coming out as I cant wait to read all your info on the machine. I have read your book on the explorer / etrac and although I opted to get rid of my minelab and get the deus your book has greatly changed my metal detecting with all my machines and helped out alot. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

book? if there's a book coming, count me for a pre-order right now. if there's already a pre-order link, count me late and point me to it.

/guy

Yes there is a book looming but - and I hate to start this discussion again - it's release is tied to the V3.0 release since the book covers all of the versions to-date (including V3.0) . . . and since I can't release the book until the software has been offially released, it is in a holding pattern.

As soon as the release date can be finalized, it will be announced here along with a special offer to Findmall members if possible.

Thanks for the input many of you have provided in terms of tips and find photos . . .

Andy Sabisch

I also noticed that the Deus does not track as well as I expected. Our British friends said to leave it on default 90 and hunt. I found I couldn't do that. Maybe it is the difference in soils. Then I switched to pumping, but I found I had to do it quite often. And finding a clean spot can be a pain. So I then went to tracking. This seems to work the best, but sometimes it just doesn't seem correct. Does the Deus track out when you lay it down to dig a target?

If you're in tracking mode and you notice the balance is off just pump the coil a few times thats how im getting tracking to work for me.

I did an analysis of these hidden features, I have posted on my italian forum I frequent usually, I would first put the link but I know that you can not do, then I'll make a copy and paste of the post, then I'll make a copy and paste of the post, I apologize for the translation but I'll use the google translator to do before, I hope you understand the concept.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For a couple of weeks discusses American forum of a 'hidden area with two very interesting programs, this section seems to have been discovered by a Russian seeker (and Daje: D), typing a key sequence in the OPTIONS menu you add a ADVANCED section called, inside there are two programs, one is called HISTORY GND and the other VISUALIZATION XY, to access it, simultaneously press the keys inside OPTIONS PINPOINT and + (plus) at this point is added to the ADVANCED menus.

[IMG=2rgc5jb] http://i48.tinypic.com/2rgc5jb.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG=nw3ux] http://i46.tinypic.com/nw3ux.jpg [/IMG]

On why the masking of these two programs have been applied even to Alain Loubet, owner of XP, which said that had not been made visible because they might "confuse users."
The first program allows you to see the value of Ground Balance during a period of sweeping the land, the range is from 50 to 90, a program useful to understand what kind of soil we are analyzing, the screen can be reset by pressing and RAZ in this way you can start the analysis.

[IMG=2nhp251] http://i50.tinypic.com/2nhp251.jpg [/IMG]

The other program is virtually a viewer vector signal of the target, virtually similar to the POLAR PLOT which is located on White's V3i, the signal is displayed as a track that corresponds to a value of VDI ranging from 0 to 99 for the conductive part to theoretically from 0 to -99 for the ferrous metal even if ultimately on these values ​​do not appear.

[IMG=6p0vmv] http://i45.tinypic.com/6p0vmv.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG=fc8fpf] http://i47.tinypic.com/fc8fpf.jpg [/IMG]

in the two photos you can see in one, the trace left by a 50 cent coin

I haven't tried yet but it seems from the posts and video that the only time the XY screen would be beneficial is if the target was not next another piece of metal and for clean areas only. Has anyone tried this screen under these conditions? I think that possibly in that scenario the screen might look the same as it does with the crown cap.

You can use it in trashy areas once you isolate a target by tone the xy cleans up to. Thats what it has done for me but my trash areas aren't super loaded with iron.