Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Truth: for those that want to hear it!

A

Anonymous

U. S. Government vs. Bob Sullivan and Edward Brown
By Keith Wills
Since there is so much misunderstanding and deceit on the internet and between the many members of this hobby on this case, I'm going to try to once more explain this all to you. If you are not of the mind to believe me, then order a copy of the trial transcript both for their hearing and for their sentencing and try reading this in black and white. Just maybe you can understand the federal courts minutes of the hearing that they typed for you to read.
So many attempts are made to try to discredit and blame Bob and Ed for this situation with an unmarked, and constantly hunted protected site (it has even been published in one of the main stream treasure magazines with photos of others hunting the same site). Yet while so many are attacking them, their true concerns should be "what will this case do to metal detectorist across the nation". In short; the end result, if the case against Bob and Ed are left to stand, then the government has proven that you no longer need to actually be standing on a protected site to be guilty of "Intent Of" as stated in their court transcript. Then whether your close to a protected site or not, you can be prosecuted and in as much trouble as Bob and Ed. Just as the government had to admit in Bob and Ed's case that they were not found on a protect site and changed the charges against them to "Intent Of"; the government can from this point on do the same to any of us.
It might be smarter just to let Bob and Ed have their day in court and their right to appeal that court's decision. I thought many of our fathers in this nation died for us to keep that right! Yet some are determine to taint the rights of others. You had a chance to just make your position as "not interested" as far as Bob and Ed's case goes. Yet some decided to destroy as much as possible these guy

To: Keith Wills <kwills@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Metal Detecting is Not Allowed in the Area of Old Fort Park in Hill County, TX
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:28:36 +0000
Hello Keith, I pray that you and your family are well. I have had a few new developments in my case that I would like to share with you and any others who may still be interested.
I obtained a copy of Dr. S. Alan Skinner's 1974 report entitled "An Evaluation of the Archaeological Resources at Lake Whitney, Texas". The archaeologist who testified against us at trial knew of this report according to the trial testimony transcript (p. 126, line 14). In this report Dr. Skinner says that the archaeological site known as Fort Graham is 100 meters in diameter, (p. 21). Yet according to trial testimony McGregor guesses the site is 300 -350 meters is size. Actually, reading the testimony you see that he doesn't have any idea how big the circle of pink stickys was that he put on the map to use to convict us with, (trial transcript p. 120 line 7).
I also obtained a copy of the report that Dr. J. Ned Woodall from Wake Forest University did while conducting the federally funded dig at Fort Graham prior to the lake being raised in the mid 1970's. The title of this report is "Excavations at Fort Graham, Hill County, Texas (41 HI 14)". In this report Dr. Woodall tells that gravel quarries have been dug at the Northeast end of Fort Graham and the Southwest end of the site, (p. 1). He further states that the center portion of the site was bulldozed off in a futile attempt to locate buildings other that the one that they could positively say was from the time of the fort,( p. 2). So the north end of the site was destroyed by a gravel quarry, the south end of the site was destroyed by another gravel quarry, and the center of the site was bulldozed off before the site was finished off by raising the edge of the lake to perpetually wash away anything that remained! And to make matters worse according to the acknowledgement section of this report THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS LOANED THE BULLDOZER TO DO THE JOB!!! Quoting from p. i, "Needed equipment, including earthmoving machines, was cheerfully loaned by the Corps of Engineers at Lake Whitney."
But the thing of most interest that happened this weekend was a visit from two members of the Fort Graham Preservation Society. They have been fighting the Lake Whitney project office for almost two years trying to get Old Fort Park reopened. They also want to get the site of Fort Graham listed on the National Register of Historical Sites and develope the park to give the school children of Texas a place where they can come and see and appreciate the historical significance of the site. They have been fought ever step of the way by the Corps of Engineers. IN FACT THEY HAVE EVEN BEEN TOLD BY THE SAME PEOPLE THAT PROSECUTED ED AND ME AND TOOK HIS EXTENDED CAB GMC PICKUP AWAY, THAT THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OF THE FORT GRAHAM SITE TO PRESERVE!!! I want to know how, for the love of America this could possibly have been going on since before Ed and I ever had the dubious honor of meeting that blasted park ranger on the shores of Lake Whitney that day.
The same people who furnished a park ranger and an archaeologist to give testimony that was false and misleading in order to convict Ed and me of damaging Fort Graham furnished the bulldozer to scrape the site off and they are now fighting the Fort Graham Preservation Society. And every report, deed record and map shows that Ed and I weren't even on the site of Fort Graham!
I want to once again thank everyone who donated to help Ed and me fight this travesty. I look forward to the day when this is all straightened out and I can once again get choked up saying the pledge to my American flag.
May The Good Lord Bless you all,
Bob The Big Hearted