Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Turkish machines, a few things to know...

JFlynn

DI2 would be best suited for relic hunting imo or a non trashy coin hunt. DI3 is "the" coin mode by all means, although it could easily be the coin and relic mode. DI3, Killer on coins audibly. You don't even have to look at the TID when in DI3 the good targets become so obvious sounding once learned. Even down in the mid tone, the nickel will sound great just mid tone. I call it stop you dead in your tracks obvious good sound, once learned. Overload on these machines, they will overload in a skinny minute. Just raise the coil a little and hear the sound of what caused of the overload. It will become second nature quick. The small coil, if you don't get one, get one! I'm convinced after quite a few hours, there are hardly any iffy signals. If it doesn't lock on a target and is jumpy on the TID just keep swinging. Stock and small coil will isolate a target better than anything I've ever ran.Small coil is what the detecting world will seek to be like, all the companies. Of utmost importance, there is nothing you can really adjust on these machines, they are slap daddy right straight out of the box. If you are used to adjusting and think you are gonna tinker and make it better, there's nothing to tinker with. What will become very obvious is you will have a burning desire to dig some of the iron breaking through, just move to the quarter side of it and it will show itself as good or bad, dig or no dig.

So this machine overloads on surface coins to?------If so, what size of surface coin would cause the overload--dime--quarter?-------Or would either one (say dime or quarter on the surface) cause an overload?--------Hey Jack----I just seen your answer to this question on the other post.-------Thanks for your response.---------Del

Yes it will, any coin, gum wrapper, pull tab, anything metal, don't let it bother ya Del, it will become second nature quick just raising the coil slightly, when you're not digging them. I was really surprised when I raised my coil about 3 inches over a just under the surface Kennedy half and it ID'ed in the mid 90's. It will be second nature.

Thanks Jack-----I got a Racer coming.----I'll know more what to expect now in this regard.----Trying to learn as much as I can about the machine before it arrives.-----Then the fun starts---when I can actually get my hands on it & see what it can (or can't) do for me.:)------I'm sure hoping it will (re-open) a few of my old trashy beat to death sites---we shall see!
JFlynn said:
Yes it will, any coin, gum wrapper, pull tab, anything metal, don't let it bother ya Del, it will become second nature quick just raising the coil slightly, when you're not digging them. I was really surprised when I raised my coil about 3 inches over a just under the surface Kennedy half and it ID'ed in the mid 90's. It will be second nature.

not so good for a skidder like me :poke: the Omega does it a bit too, think its because they are being pushed right out to the edge, not sure how I feel about that as it makes me do extra work but if results are there I don't mind doing a bit extra work, but if they are not then :blowup:

AJ

berryman said:
Will reducing the gain reduce the machine's propensity to overload?
No it won't. The overload is not a problem at all for the benefits reaped for being so sensitive. I like the fact that it does that. Just raise the coil slightly and it will register what is there. Very easy to get used to.

It will be interesting for my relic hunting to dig those dirty tones on the racer and see what I find...some hunters with these new machines don't dig these tones and miss on keys and locks and tools from the 1800s. I will test the deus and the racer and I know jack has said I will not need the deus once I get the racer but I think that maybe a big statement...But I will be fair and honest and hope that both detectors will add to my hunting pleasure. We will see I know Bill Ladd will be doing some celler hole testing with the racer and the At Gold so that will be cool...hey all we want is a machine that will help us find the targets that are being masked and there are tons of relics being walked over becasue of that reason...So I going to love the racer and my deus and keep using them both they will become a team nothing wrong with that....testing will tell me more

LB I'll just bet you won't have any iffy signals. These machines sound off so good on good metal it'll make ya frisky. I'm guessing too that 3 tone will be killer turned all the way to max in a relic site. Then go back to see if you can get anything in the vco mode.

JFlynn said:
LB I'll just bet you won't have any iffy signals. These machines sound off so good on good metal it'll make ya frisky. I'm guessing too that 3 tone will be killer turned all the way to max in a relic site. Then go back to see if you can get anything in the vco mode.

Hmm JFlynn now ya got me thinking about the Di3 mode and my relic hunting sites. I see what you're saying. Then going back over to see what you missed in the deeper Di2 mode...