Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The ultimate place to coin shoot tip.

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
My parents retired to Roanoke Virginia. Anyway last October I had to drive down from Michigan with my son. My dad just had a serious stroke.When we approached White Sulphur Springs West Virginia I noticed on the road map that route 311 turns off of our current route 64 and goes direct to Roanoke. Wrong, this two lane road ran up on mountain and down another forever but the scenery was breathtaking. About 30 to 40 miles into route 311 there's a complex an old brick building complex and is laid out like an old community college,which my guess to date the structure around mid 1800s,the place is completely abandoned.This complex has grass,not brush, ankle to knee high,this looks like a great place to search. Does anyone on this forum know what this complex is or familiar with it. Any information appreciated Thanks

Download google earth. Http://www.earth.google.com

There are alot of historic schools in the area you describe. You should be able to narrow it down:

[attachment 15816 wvschools.jpg]

w

Hey Wayne Thanks I think the abandon complex was too large to be a neighborhood school. My first thought it was an old military acadamey. The lawn looked like it was well maintained at one time. The next time I drive through this area I will bring a metal detector,take a break from the trip, stop, and talk to the locals. With permission maybe I'll do a little searching.They sure had a lot of warning signs on route 311 for speeding,aireal patrolled.I think a metal detector in a backpack with a Ducati would be a good way to approach this area? Finally does anyone have any information about this old building. Thanks

Were you able to find out the name of the school? A search of the name on google or yahoo could tell you some info.

I can see someone cruising around on a Duck with a detector!

w