Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Very Best Way to Repair/Protect your Coil/loop

Cupajo

Cupajo

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:30 am Post subject: THE VERY BEST WAY TO REPAIR/PROTECT YOUR COIL/LOOP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Gang,

There have been a number of very useful responces to my posts about repairing and protecting a detector loop.

There are two seperate issues as I see it. Repair, it would seem to me, is to use a high strength epoxy etc, to seal and/or make strong(repair) the damaged loop.

The other issue is to prevent damage to a loop!! Epoxy is wear resistant , but not as well as some of the other materials I've seen!! Loops coated with semi-flexible coatings, such as spray on truck bed liner material and rubber-like material, such as the tool handle coating I've used in some of the worst possible conditions and with hardly a mark on them.

Any necessary touch ups would be simple enough for any of these materials.

Spray on coating, somehow, makes more sense to me. It can never have the problems that seem to plague coil covers as an added plus!!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

That sounds like a great way to protect your coils. However, in another forum I thought that I read somewhere that putting a coating on a coil may void the warranty. Is that true?

Hi Gold Chaser,

I read the same post and I'm sure that is a possibility.

I would check that out with the manufacturer.My view is based on how badly my loops have been worn and the fact that coil covers are not always available and the problems that seem to be related to coil cover use.

My plan is to use the loop long enough to be sure it is working as it should and then to do all in my power to protect it!!! Warranties are not at present covering wear and tear. (considered abuse)

Thanks for your reply.

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo