Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The wife went to bed, so I quit thinking and just didi it.....

Tired Rooster

I've always loved my 705. It was the machine that I found my first silver coin with a few years back and posted on this forum with excitement. The knowledge that I gathered from several of you guys here was indispensable in learning how to use that X-Terra and made me a better detectorist period. It was the first of a few Minelab machines that I would own. I've predominately used an FBS machine over the past few years, but recently pulled the 705 out and have been wanting to get reacquainted with it again. It is really a wonderful machine that is so very capable of filling the treasure bag with whatever treasure one decides to hunt for....very versatile and excellent machine. I once again down loaded Diggers E-book and reread it as I did years ago. I have reread so many posts by Old Long Hair, Digger and several more that made this site a huge wealth of knowledge for any one willing to take the time and learn. I kinda took this thread down a rabbit hole when all I really wanted to say is that I bought another one. With the price for a new unit as low as it is now, I just decided to get another 705 ordered tonight. I also ordered the 6 inch 3 Khz Digger coil for the arsenal as well. Always wanted to try that coil on some of those old trashy sites that I know have some goodies in amongst the trash. I'm gonna have fun with the X-Terra 705 again! Gonna apply myself to learning and using it better than I did the first go around and I did really well with it then. I am excited just thinking about it. Thanks for reading my ramble......T.R.

Have fun with it again. I Switch off between my Xterra 705 and a Vaq. I use the Vaq when there isn't much trash around and use the 705 for everything else.

Andy from Hillsborough

Great detector! Based on your enthusiasm I'm sure you'll have lots of new finds in the coming new year! Have fun!

homebre said:
Have fun with it again. I Switch off between my Xterra 705 and a Vaq. I use the Vaq when there isn't much trash around and use the 705 for everything else.

Andy from Hillsborough

Yeah, I have a Vaquero as well. It is a really good machine too, but without a lot of practice with the disc you definitely will dig a lot. What coil or coils do you use most often on your 705?

Since getting XP Deus, I only use the 705 when I'm charging the Deus. Yesterday I found a wheat penny in an area I had been over many times with the Deus. I've also found things with Deus that I didn't with the 705. There's something to be gained switching between detectors. Maybe even an old 705 and a new one might produce different results. Now you'll have a new one for many years and not have to worry if they quit making them. Hope you have lots of memorable hunts and enjoy getting reacquainted with it.

I hope you like sleeping with the X-terra cause when your wife finds out that's what you will be doing:)

pplinker said:
Since getting XP Deus, I only use the 705 when I'm charging the Deus. Yesterday I found a wheat penny in an area I had been over many times with the Deus. I've also found things with Deus that I didn't with the 705. There's something to be gained switching between detectors. Maybe even an old 705 and a new one might produce different results. Now you'll have a new one for many years and not have to worry if they quit making them. Hope you have lots of memorable hunts and enjoy getting reacquainted with it.

What would the differance be between the old & new 705 be?

u2robert said:
Is the 9"LF coil as deep as the 9" MF coil?
When you say LF is that 3 kHz?

Thanks
In neutral conditions on high conductors the LF coil will look deeper. Though not a great amount, lower frequencies penetrate the ground better than higher frequencies.
And yes, LF = 3kHz with regard to Xterra coil selection.

u2robert said:
What would the differance be between the old & new 705 be?
The only difference between "old" and "new" 705's is a minor firmware change aimed at thwarting the use of unauthorized coils (those not made by either Minelab or Coiltek).

From what Minelab was telling me there should be a Serial # on the backside of this detector I can't find 1, is there a way I can find the S# thru the software on start-up or?

The number should be on the back behind the headphone jack cover, near the MineLab LOGO.
I'm not aware of any way to access a serial number through the software, and I don't believe that there is one. It's possible that there is a number somewhere inside the case, but I've never had mine open, so I couldn't tell you for sure.