Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is just a suggestion.

A

Anonymous

I have been metal detecting on my own since my divorce. As a matter of fact maybe this is why I am divorced. You see I got the bug when I first bought a detector. Now when I date they look at me like I got two heads when I say I detect. They will say go find your little thingy's and I will go out with the girls. Oh come on now! Is there any woman out there that is interested in metal detecting or is it a mans hobby? I think there should be a forum for meeting opposite sexes with the same interests, like metal detecting. What ya think?....Just a suggestion!

Are there any clubs in the area - maybe some female diggers already waitin for you.
No matter what, if a gal doesnt want to take 'some' interest in your hobby then she'd not meant to be. My wife of 38 years always talks to me about detecting, always sorts out what I bring home, always is willing to go with me if I ask her and do cross word puzzles while I detect. She has no interest in detecting but I talk to her about her gardening, help her when needed but I have no interest in gardening.

It does have to work both ways - keep looking, the Lord just might have a real goodun in store for you, Steve in so az

i personally like it that my wife isn't into metal detecting.there are times when a man needs to get away from his wife and if we did everything together we'd be divorced for sure.that's just what i need,some woman telling me i'm doing that wrong too:D

I usually go out in the morning, and I am back by the time she even gets up. I find it is the best time also because it is cool outside, and not alot of people out.

:laugh: I have met a lot of people out there While detecting. It seems that every time i get a lady out there with me She Thinks that all the rings and things Belong to her. Give me all the Change:(

in what I find and where I found it etc. When we go to the beaches she shell hunts and I detect. Sometimes for hours on end. I'm glad she's not wanting to do it with me because I do believe we need time alone just with our thoughts and not have the pressures of everyday life or of worrying if she is having a good time or not. 4 hours of hunting for 1 IH and 2 Silver dimes is great hunting to me but maybe not for her or anyone else who doesn't have the passion. HH Tom

Just be careful. I was checking out some new coils on the internet and my girlfriend (who was across the room)asked what I was looking at. I told her I was checking out some double d's. The look and the silence were deafening. I had to quickly explain.

There are several of those matey/mate things out there that get people of the same interest together I'm sure but the thing that you are doing wrong is looking in the wrong places!

You are lookin for a mate, you just do what you wanna do, MDing or horseback riding, makes no difference, they are lookin for ya and theyyll find you, lest you are ugly like me. Join a md club, go to any md get together/ hunt you can find, go to the BEACH, :clapping: bikiniland, detect awhile then take suntan break awhile :super: stop movin so fast so them creatures can ketch ya.

What da matter wid you anyway, wouldn't trade mine of 35 years but if I had it to do all over again I sure as :devil: would be spendin more time fishin, huntin and mding than I do, BTW she bought my first md for my bday so I figure she bought into this hobby

Till you find a mate just relax and enjoy, when you think you found one to lift you up make sure you treat her right and you won't be in this position again!