Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on First Texas reputation.......

A

Anonymous

When i heard that First Texas made the Teknetics T2 i thought " A Bounty Hunter for a streetprice of 800$. Who is going to buy that?"

The Bounty Hunter detectors i had worked, but not as well for me than other brand detectors in the same pricerange.

Well now i have the T2 and it is not what i expected. I expected less quality and less performance. The T2 is well made, has some fresh ideas build in it and sure the first detector to lead First Texas out of the reputation making "cheap detectors".

Picture yourself waiting for the new Teknetics T10 at 6AM in front of a radio shack store, hehehe. Could happen in the future if they continue to make detectors like that.

HH,
Andy

When the Time Ranger first came out, it had a list price of $795.00. Year by year it dropped $50 or $100. I paid $550 for mine. Street price now is what, $450 on ebay? I suspect the T2 may be discounted at some point, or perhaps they will keep it higher and plow some back into further R&D.

-Ed

The list price on the T-2 is $999.00.

The discounted price is $799.00 That's a 20% discount. :)

Certainly the Street Price is not Ebay. Street price, (at least the way I grew up thinking it was), is what you can purchase a new one from a dealer for after any discounts. :shrug:

Mr. Bill

Sorry for the misspeak between list and discounted prices on the T2. I don't have a discounted price for the early $795-list Time Ranger for comparison. 20% off would be $636, so the Time Ranger was probably discounted to around $650 to start.

As to street price, shoulda maybe said e-street! I thought about it, but it's sure a different world now than when that term was coined. Brick and mortar prices might indeed be higher. When I special-ordered my Time Ranger from a local brick and mortar, I quoted them the price of $550 I was seeing everywhere else, including online, and list was $695 at the time. They said, sure, they'd match that, so I bought. Turns out that's awful close to 20% off the then-current list once again. As I noted, it's at least a hundred lower now than what I paid, but that's going on 4 or 5 years.

So, regardless of which street we're referring to, the basic gist holds, the Time Ranger price was also higher to start and did come down with time.

-Ed