Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TIME RANGER false signals

chrisuk

Hi
bought a Time Ranger back in July. When was real damp in UK. The machine was giving false signals on every swipe and a blade of wet grass was enough to send it crazy. Following advice here changed coil under warranty and \also bought 10" coil. Both worked fine and great depth BUT was dry ground.
Today done a rally with the 10" coil, worked perfect where dry soon as moved up hill where ground was covered in dew and a bit damp the detector again exhibited all the false signals as with old 8". Was using programme 4 and altered sensitivity to no avail. Returned to "base camp" left detector for 30 mins then tried again on bottom dry field. It worked fine.

Dry is the exception here.

Anyone with any ideas or similar experiences?

have tightened/loosened the cable. Checked the connections put fresh batteries in etc. I guess is a fault around sensitivity but I can not fathom how wet/damp at the coil affects the signal etc so badly.

On dry ground it is a very impressive machine

Hi:

I have had this same problem with my Land Star...Do you have a cover on your coil??? If so, take it off, and clean it out once in a while...I opened mine up after going to a beach, and I found about 2 pounds of sand in there...other than that, only set the sensitivity as high as you can without getting false readings. If problem persists, only recourse is to have the unit looked at and re-tuned.

Hope this helps,

The same thing happens with my landstar, I have found that the coil gets wet when you swing it back and forth over damp ground it causes moisture to build on the coil. When this happens water dropplets move back and forth on the bottem of the coil causing the falsing. To solve this, I carry a dry cloth and every so often stop and dry the coil, it seems to correct the problem.

thanks, real dumb question now! The cover, not aware there was one available. Can you recommend a shop in USA that has them

Chris

They can be had on eBay or go direct to:

http://www.detecting.com

Bounty Hunters main web site. You could also try:

http://www.kellyco.com

You can also get new coils and different size coils there (4" and 10" currently...) I would really like to see someone make a BigFoot coil for a BH.

Happy Huntin',