Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time to be honest and tell you about the moles. :nopity:

Mike Hillis

We have discussed the wart, but haven't talked about the moles.

So here are the moles as I see them.

Cable connector-the screws WILL loosen and back out if you don't take steps to set them. I had to tighten mine last night. Not a big deal if you have some jeweler's tools or a fine knife. Is a big deal if you don't. I would recommend that you treat them as eyeglass screws and put a tiny dab of clear polish on the POST end. Not the screw head as you'll clog the slots.

Cable connector-you have to pay attention or you will crossthread, or try to crossthread the connector when you tighting it. Just the design of the connector. On the plus side, it seats deep.

Display in the slanting sunlight of early morning or late afternoon-the display can be hard to read in that slanting light. The shadows affect the legibility.

The on/off knob can be hit against your hip and turned down or even off. I have done this a couple of times. The audio starts to get faint or non-audible and I start looking at my headphones. Whew, turned out I had bumped the knob.

I was going to mention the coil cover, but after taking it off a few times, its really much easier to remove than others. So it doesn't get labeled as mole from me.

Thats the end of the moles as I see them. Others may see different.

One wart, four moles. Thats better than most of the women I know ::bouncy:

Happy :detecting:

Whether good or bad inquiring mind like to know, I feel all field test should have a few moles and a few warts as no detector is perfect as we have seen. I just like to know the actual fact.

Rick

I have a soft spot for teknetics....hey I am allowed. I just need a good I detector..it does not have to set the world on fire. The DFX has too many adjustments...the M6 not enough for my preference. I think the Xtera line shows good promise for just enough adjustments to accomodate users without being psycho like a DFX.
I just feel more comfortable with some moderate ability to adjust settings in the field...maybe it makes no difference most of the time but as long as I believe it does...than it does for me...:)

I can see that it could possibly turn on when transporting though.

The one concern I really had with the introduction of the T2 was the statement that it was only designed to use Double-D coils without too much indication of different coil sizes becoming available in the future. That is not to say that the provided stock coil is not excellent, but I can't help but wonder if their choice in coil design might not be the real cause of the problem being encountered on the steel bottlecaps, as concentric coil designs are well known as being better suited to more accurate discrimination. Those are/were the only two issues that I really had with the T2, and I am absolutely open to the possibility of buying another one later if a better coil selection is eventually offered. Since I hunt coins and jewelry in higher concentrations of old and new trash, availability of different coil options (more specifically smaller coils) is very important in serving my hunting interests. The stock DD on the other hand will serve many users just fine, especially for hunting areas of higher mineralization, and actually does very well for a larger coil. But I think had the T2 been designed for also using concentric coil designs, and then having something in the 5 inch diameter range made available, it would have been nearly perfect. But like Cindy Crawford, you can look at the imperfections as either "moles" or "beauty marks" with this machine. It's still a great first step for Teknetics IMO.

Ralph