Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

todays spot with Sieve Queen

A

Anonymous

From the land of the Bluenose.....todays spot is a mere 30 minutes down a meandering scenic road that leds to a provincial park. It is heavily used for company picnics and family outings as well as hosting an annual bass tournament each summer. This is a great place also for land digs and I often take newbies here to show them the ropes.
The beach itself is barely 100 wide and fans out about half that length with a nice sandy bottom with no fears of leeches or swimmer's itch. Life guards take little interst in swishing here but do like to see the crap taken out. This photo was taken a few years back and shows my better half taking over the swishing. If I recall correctly she found a few coins that day with me assuming the duty of cleaning out the sieve which is usually her only involvement in the hobby as she is part crow and likes things that shine. Since then I believe she has detected twice. Don't think that has anything to do with her stepping on a crab while doing Queensland Beach!
There is a nice path that circumnavigates the point affording a panoramic view of the entire lake not to mention giving up the odd colonial token as the park was once a huge hay farm. Further down the lake is a private beach that I have access to that has given up several diamond rings. Have only taken one other swisher to that beach and that was Romeo from Calgary who spent three days with us. Needless to say he got his ring fix!
From the land of the Bluenose.....todays spot is a mere 30 minutes down a meandering scenic road that leds to a provincial park. It is heavily used for company picnics and family outings as well as hosting an annual bass tournament each summer. This is a great place also for land digs and I often take newbies here to show them the ropes.
The beach itself is barely 100 wide and fans out about half that length with a nice sandy bottom with no fears of leeches or swimmer's itch. Life guards take little interst in swishing here but do like to see the crap taken out. This photo was taken a few years back and shows my better half taking over the swishing. If I recall correctly she found a few coins that day with me assuming the duty of cleaning out the sieve which is usually her only involvement in the hobby as she is part crow and likes things that shine. Since then I believe she has detected twice. Don't think that has anything to do with her stepping on a crab while doing Queensland Beach!
There is a nice path that circumnavigates the point affording a panoramic view of the entire lake not to mention giving up the odd colonial token as the park was once a huge hay farm. Further down the lake is a private beach that I have access to that has given up several diamond rings. Have only taken one other swisher to that beach and that was Romeo from Calgary who spent three days with us. Needless to say he got his ring fix!

Sounds good for finding the treasures! Good Luck!
God Bless & HH!
Betty

sound like a great place to be in the summer !! steve in so az