Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Token Found

mtg1085

My husband and I found this token and we cannot find online what it is. We cleaned it up as much as we could. Still hard to read, but we think the front says, "Good For 5 cents At Bar" and back says, "A.F. Schofield." Does anyone know what this is?

Cool find!

The best I've been able to come up with is the Schofield House in Madison, Indiana. Are you anywhere around there? If not, I'm clueless then. Good Luck on the research!!!

HH
Pony

Although I can not confirm this here is my guess. You are in Oklahoma according to above. Are you near Tinker AFB? Because my theory is the token is from Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. My research shows that Schofield Barracks is near Hickam AFB and at one time Wheeler Army Airfield.
From Wikipedia
Wheeler Army Airfield (IATA: HHI, ICAO: PHHI, FAA LID: HHI), also known as Wheeler Field and formerly as Wheeler Air Force Base, is a United States Army post located in the City & County of Honolulu and in the Wahiawa District of the Island of O'ahu, Hawaii.[4][5] It is a National Historic Landmark for its role in the 7 December 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.[3]

[edit] OverviewWheeler AAF comprises approximately 1,389 acres (5.62 km2) of land adjacent to Schofield Barracks and home to a variety of Department of Defense activities including the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), the 169th Aircraft Control & Warning Squadron (169 ACWS) of the Hawaii Air National Guard, the 193rd Aviation Regiment (Medium Lift) and Detachment 55 Operational Support Airlift (Det 55 OSA) of the Hawaii Army National Guard and the Regular Army's 25th Infantry Division's Combat Aviation Brigade.[6]</ref>[7]

Wish I could be more help. Neat find regardless