Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tone depth indicator?

Southwind

OK correct me if I'm wrong, but it sure seems to me the Racers tone pitch gets higher the shallower the target is. If I put a quarter on top the ground I'll get a very high pitched tone but I'f I hit one several inches deep the pitch is lower. I love this concept. That is exactly what I was saying I wish the E-Trac had. You can tell the depth of the target by the pitch of the tone so no need to look at a display. You can tell when a target is on top the ground by the ray gun sound or a high pitched squeal.

You must be in two tone mode where it uses VCO. Page 10 of the manual describes the audio of the modes.

Something else too. Start upping the gain this depth pitch is not as reflective to actual depth of target. 70 gives good variance, 90 i.e not as much.

Ah grasshopper learning quick.:thumbup: Terry a lot of machines use VCO. The Racer it is very pronounced in VCO in 2 tone. You don't have it in 3 tone. 3 tone is where you will get the huge amount of blending and rolling of sounds as the coil passes over objects like I metioned the ETrac has in a previous post months ago. You need to be in very heavy trash and it will make all kinds of sounds and then when it hits a good metal target it stops you in your tracks. That's why I switched to 3 tone per I don't have to watch the TID while detecting. In 2 tone every high tone, everything above 40 on TID you have to look. In 3 you can hunt with your ears then second check with TID when it sounds right. 3 tone for me also alerts me to stop and check quicker as my ears cannot hear the faint furtherest away from the coil tones of VCO.

What jflynn said. I noticed the 3 tone about blew my ears out on good targets. I had to turn the volume down on my phones.