Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tones

itaska71

Hi. It is my impression that there are several different tones on the Simplex and that they all change according to the " Mode " you are using.
Can these tones be adjusted ( set ) the way you want them ? Is it possible to set the Simplex to just one tone ? I am not a fan of the high squeaky tone on the positive ( non ferrous ) end of the scale .
Thanks

Don't know the answer to your query...but it's just ONE of the problems I have with expensive machines that IMHO, have "way too many" bells and whistles.

Also, does the Simplex run silent, or is there a constant hum or chatter while hunting( assuming everything is ground balanced properly.
Thanks Again

I believe yyou can set the range of the tone breaks so that you could only hear one. I did it on the Kruzer, cant remember on the Simplex. also try beach, field or all metal

does the Simplex run silent
It should unless there's a lot of interference. turning down the Sens , one from the top makes it quieter. Sometimes its so quiet I have to throw a coin down on the ground to make sure it;s working.;)

Don't know the answer to your query...but it's just ONE of the problems I have with expensive machines that IMHO, have "way too many" bells and whistles.
your right, but bells and whistles sell detectors. look at what happened to one of the best detector makers , Tesoro. Top notch simplicity

Hi. It is my impression that there are several different tones on the Simplex and that they all change according to the " Mode " you are using.
Can these tones be adjusted ( set ) the way you want them ? Is it possible to set the Simplex to just one tone ? I am not a fan of the high squeaky tone on the positive ( non ferrous ) end of the scale .
The Simplex + provides three different audio Tone ID options in the Discriminate function based upon the mode selected. First, you can choose the factory default Field mode and that is a 2-Tone that incorporates VCO audio which provides an increased pitch the closer the accepted metal target is to the search coil. The default Park 1 mode is 3-Tone with designed tone pitches for each of the three tone segments or ranges. No, you can not adjust them. The Beach mode, which I use a lot, is also a 2-Tone response, BUT it does NOT incorporate a VCO audio to provide a varied pitch based on the target size and proximity to the coil (aka signal strength). Why do I like to use the Beach mode? Because the high-tone is similar to the Park 1 mode's mid-tone which I find pleasant and 'hearable'.

Using ONE tone? Yes. The default Beach mode has the first 3 Disc. segments rejected and those cover the Ferrous (Iron) range. Thus, in default the Beach mode only provide a Single tone for non-ferrous targets which is similar to the Park 1 mode's mid-tone. I still hear the Iron Low-Tone on my Simplex + because I am accepting all of the Disc. segments except the very first one. Rejecting only the first segment generally eliminates (rejects) up to include most Iron Nails. So my Simplex is set as a 2-Tone audio Beach mode.

In the Field mode, also 2-Tone, you can reject the first 3-Disc. segments and that will eliminate the Iron Low-Tone range and only leave the Single Tone w/VCO enhancement.

Also, does the Simplex run silent, or is there a constant hum or chatter while hunting( assuming everything is ground balanced properly.
I don't get too concerned about the audio response. It's pleasant enough for me, and I usually operate at the Sensitivity+ setting with the 2.77 update. If annoying, the Sensitivity can be reduce, gradually, to find a 'comfort spot'.

your right, but bells and whistles sell detectors. look at what happened to one of the best detector makers , Tesoro. Top notch simplicity
I have my six or seven detector models, but none of them are a 'high-tech' multi-adjustable device. Two of those are my very proven, very reliable, and very often used Tesoro favorites .... And they are Single Tone, too. :)

Monte