Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tonight's finds...cool Token and a "what is it"

Diggin-it

Hit the beach tonight for the first time in almost a week. Not a whole lot of targets to be found but I did get alittle over $2 in clad, a bling broach, a very cool National Guard token, and a "what is it"?!? I was running my XP Deus tonight...the token rang in as a 97 in 18kHz and nearly blew my eardrums off. When I got home I ran it under my V3i and it hits as a solid +85.

The National Guard token....I placed it next to a quarter to show the size....its very heavy, just under an ounce. It is not aluminum or pewter, not sure if it is made of brass, bronze, or maybe copper??? I tried to find a match online but there are TONS of different National Guard tokens....

The other side of the token

The "what is it"....it is made of solid brass or bronze, no holes (it is not a smoking pipe)...and it does not unscrew at all. It is one solid molded piece...???

Looks like you had fun !!! That token is a whopper. I bet it did hit hard on the Deus. I have no idea about the what's it but Congrats on all your finds !! The clad adds up for me. I tumble it and throw it in a can or something till time to go to the coinstar for a little extra MDing money.

Looks like you had a good hunt.
Sorry I can't help on the what's it, but the "token" is a Challenge Coin for the National Guard.

The Challenge Coin Tradition

A Brief Look at the History of Challenge Coins In the Military

Members of the U.S. military have a long-standing tradition of carrying a special coin symbolizing unit identity and esprit de corps. With bonds forged in battle thousands of miles from home, these custom coins minted for military units