Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took Out The Old Garrett Master Hunter Out For A Spin!:smoke:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
Not too cold and not too old. It was about one degree above freezing, in the dark at bout 18:00 on a sledding hill. The Garrett Master Hunter CX was released in 1990, about 29 years ago. A little on the heavy side. It was one of the new Dual Discrimination Controls – for Ferrous & Non Ferrous. It has a true all metal mode and a discriminate mode. When scanning over a new target, the target nulls out after 4-5 swings as the automatic ground balance eliminates the target. It takes about 5 seconds to reset itself to read that target again. This one has the digital readout. My first one had the analog needle, which would stop at the designated target ID.

I hunted in true all metal mode, (which still gives you a probable target) and dug all the targets above foil. One piece of junk, and 7 coins valued at a total of $7.90. So.......I am starting to get closer to my annual gold coin purchase! It's always fun taking out an older "blast from the past" as a reminder as to how far we have come today with electronics and design. However, the old machines still produce today.

Still Loving my oll CX3 Power.
Wish I could speed up the recovery speed.
Otherwise still a fun machine.
Grand kids love my oll talking metal detector.
🙂

Yes sir , I have the cx3 power with the two coils and case , and the depth multiplier and a couple of other coils . Keep it around to use on occasion to reminisce of old days metal detecting . It’s a fun detector and it still finds coins .