Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the F70 for a shorty today

knarfj

Been kind of tide up getting the car garage back in shape after a tree took a dump on it a couple of weeks ago. But I did manage to sneak off for a bit with new trusty F70.

Along with the usual finds, hunting a small park just down the road I did manage to pull a 1910s wheat cent. Which was quite a surprise. I hate to admit it but it's been awhile since I've came across one. I've been over this park more than a few times before and have no idea how I missed it previously, but it came in solid and clear at 5+ inches.

Sens. 50, disc.8, tones 3H, thresh.0.

HH:detecting:

You are lucky to get out. It is still frozen here in Indiana. How did you clean that penny. Some times if I get an old one and it is not worth much,, I use a small brass brush to clean it up. Nice finds... KEN

Good eye Mud! Charting out the settings has given me better insight as to know when I'm in Over Kill mode for the particular ground conditions I'm hunting. Which in hind sit has been quite often. :thumbup:

ken ward said:
You are lucky to get out. It is still frozen here in Indiana. How did you clean that penny. Some times if I get an old one and it is not worth much,, I use a small brass brush to clean it up. Nice finds... KEN

We usually have mild winters here in the Puget Sound area so the ground doesn't usually freeze very deep if at all. No telling what the future will bring though judging from what the rest of the country has been experiencing of late.

I too use a brass brush on some of my copper coins. This one was so black all I could tell was it was a wheat cent. What's shown is after a 10 minute soak in some hot hydrogen peroxide and then a fairly gentle hand scrubbing with said brass brush. I should note that I rinse the coin and then thoroughly dry it before I begin the hand scrubbing. I't seems to work best on the older penny's, it must be because of there composition. Some newer wheat's that I gave the same treatment to turned out to be complete disasters.

HH,