Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tough hunting on the Gulf Coast

Dancer

Finds are few and far between so far this season. The Tarsacci is proving able to detect the very light targets from the surf line out to the sandunes. Trouble is there aren't many. Twice I've come back with One coin, I mean everyone is having problems. Pictured are a light 2.2 gram silver toe ring & a 3.3 gold 14K I D from a bracelet. Now if anyone can come up with a aftermarket use for those tent pegs, we all could benefit. One thing that works for me sometimes is. When I hit a stretch of these something good can be mixed in with them.

Attachments

• 20211210_062617.jpg
    20211210_062617.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 178
Finds are few and far between so far this season. The Tarsacci is proving able to detect the very light targets from the surf line out to the sandunes. Trouble is there aren't many. Twice I've come back with One coin, I mean everyone is having problems. Pictured are a light 2.2 gram silver toe ring & a 3.3 gold 14K I D from a bracelet. Now if anyone can come up with a aftermarket use for those tent pegs, we all could benefit. One thing that works for me sometimes is. When I hit a stretch of these something good can be mixed in with them.
Dang!…looks like I’m not the only one having it tough.

Got a beach on a brackish bay abutting a local college. Although kept cleaned up its a mess under the sand. Big, long time party site also a public boat dock. When the tide goes out it goes Way out. Several guys I know have taken a crack at it from year to year. Always less than a buck and all the tabs, cans you can stand. Been 4 years, I'm gonna give it another go. Just got to have some rings in there somewhere.

This time of the year you have to hunt differently. Not nearly as many people willing to get into 60 degree water. So you have to do the dry sand more. Something i dont do a lot of now days even in the winter. In the water you have to keep that coil on the bottom and find the low areas or small push pull lines of coarse sand in the water. We have much larger tide swings during this period so take advantage of that as well since there will be more wet sand. With a really low tide we can get more upswing causing more waves....... those can cut. a lot of people hunt the inside of the trough close to shore.... but dont forget a lot of targets get pulled against those tiny built up piles of sand to. The winds sift out of the N. that moves sand more naturally South as opposed to the summer where its moving N. Chains and small targets can get moved pretty good during this timeframe.

This time of the year you have to hunt differently. Not nearly as many people willing to get into 60 degree water. So you have to do the dry sand more. Something i dont do a lot of now days even in the winter. In the water you have to keep that coil on the bottom and find the low areas or small push pull lines of coarse sand in the water. We have much larger tide swings during this period so take advantage of that as well since there will be more wet sand. With a really low tide we can get more upswing causing more waves....... those can cut. a lot of people hunt the inside of the trough close to shore.... but dont forget a lot of targets get pulled against those tiny built up piles of sand to. The winds sift out of the N. that moves sand more naturally South as opposed to the summer where its moving N. Chains and small targets can get moved pretty good during this timeframe.
Wise advice from a real Pro

Hit and miss for sure right now on the beach w 50-60 deg water temp and 50s to 60s air temp. Same beach from one time to the next can be like day and night - hit the same beach twice at low tide last week and first day found 4 rings w one gold and the very next day w same tide found a few coins and bunch of tabs. Also on my local popular beaches I can go 1/2 hr in water and not even get a signal...end up getting excited to dig a pull tab.