Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure on the beaches of St. Augustine . . . . .

Andy Sabisch

I know we all like to see what the rest of us are finding but sometimes we forget why we are out there in the first place . . . . . and it's not about how much we can find or what it is worth . . . at least it's not for many of us.

This past week I was fortunate to be able to spend a week with my daughter in St Augustine, Florida . . . the oldest continually occupied city in the U.S. Unfortunately hunting in the old part of the city is not allowed but we did get to do some beach hunting in between the other activities we engaged in while in the area . . . . .

Here are a few photos of the most valuable thing I found while hunting . . . . . . and it fits the true definition of TREASURE - "something of extreme value" . . . . . spending an afternoon hunting a sunny Florida beach with my daughter reagrdless of what we actually recovered was priceless to me and time that produces memories that last a lifetime.

Over the years some of my best hunts have been with friends or my kids and even if nothing was found, the time spent together was what made the memories.

I hope all of you cherish the time you get out especially if you can share it with someone else . . . . .

Andy Sabisch

A day outside hunting is a treasure in itself. Add good friends or loved ones and it is truly a special find. Congrats, glad you still remember what is important in our hobby. Thanks for sharing.

Don
HH

I use to hunt with my son a lot but now he is to busy with being married new house and work , I have to get him back to the hobby (it was best time- camping and metal detecting) Congrats I am glad you had good time with your family.
Jan L

Sounds like a great time Andy. So, did you leave her with that small coil so you could cheat and clean up with the big one?

Awesome Andy, anytime with family is precious, glad you had fun and thats the best find ever, memories!