Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Troy detectors

Raoul

Hi guys i was told that Troy detectors were not made anymore and wondering if it was true or not.
Looking at the dealer sites they are still advertising the Troy detectors for sale.Just wondering if it was true or not.
Thanks for any replies. Raoul:ausflag:

Its my understanding that the current X-3 and X-5 are no longer being produced...Some dealers still have new ones in stock and if you shopped around could find one..X-2 model was discontinued when 3 and 5 models hit the street...No doubt used ones still come up on E-bay and classifieds..

Seems like they're alive and well, and still in production..At least their web site is still up and running. A call to the toll free number got me a recording; of course it is 11 at nite.

The X-5, X-3 hasn't been in manufacture for about a year. From what I was told by the man, it will not be again.

There trying to get a new model built from what Troy said, but that could be just like waiting for the check that's in the mail.

Mr. Bill

http://www.surfscanner.com

I was told that troy is working on a new machine and having problems getting it on line ! Might be another yr, as I was told.

I'm sure that there are those who would like your staement to be true.

As a matter of fact, it normally takes between 2-4 years of research and development to bring out a brand new detector.

John, in Florida

In case anyone is interested this far back in time.....Troy Detectors are indeed alive and well. According to "The Lady", There will be a new model released late this fall. In plenty of time for Christmas were her words. The new model will not have the weather proof feature as production cost out weigh the market demand. This way it will be more competively priced. Lower priced that is. As I understand it will still have the Lifetime Warrenty and be up to the usual high construction standards of the earlier Troys. I think it will be worth waiting for!!

that this Christmas may be a wee bit optimistic.

John

Mr. Bill is right on...Sure some dealers may have some old stock and of course used ones being sold.
Troy really has some good ideas, but if and when a new one emerges is only specualtion at best.
Would love to see him come out with a metered unit myself...

Thanks to all for your replies , sorry it took so long to get back.If Troy is making a new detector without the waterproofing, i would say that he will be losing a lot of future clients, to me that was the main advantage it had over the other metal detectors and the reason why i was thinking of buying one. Cheers Raoul