Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trying to decide MXT or X-Terra 70

rfraboni

I was wondering if someone could give me some of their opinions about the comaparison of these two detectors. I am looking to buy my first detector to use as an all around detector, coins, relics, saltwater beach, etc. I think I have norrowed my search to these two detectors and would like other peoples insight.

I have been able to actually touch and test the MXT and it seems nice be a nicely balanced detector that is relatively easy to use. I also ahve some experience with White's the XLT and Eagle II from years ago.

On the other hand I think the X-Terra 70 is a nice unit from what i have read and been told. If I only had the money to get both.

Thank you for your time.

Rich

If you like the XLT you will give up you wife the the MXT:rofl:
I would take a look at the new M6 it is a coin killing monstor.
I Love my XL PRO but the M6 is also VERRRRY nice to use.
It fast to set up and it will go DEEEEP.

I don't know about the X-Terra 70 but the Whites M6 is great at the beach, almost as good as my Minelab Sov XS2A Pro. HH

Hi Rich,

I've used the MXT since they came out and am a huge fan. I also am very much liking the X-Terra 70. The two units are very comparable in performance, with neither having any huge edge over the other as far as depth of detection and sensitivity that I have been able to determine so far. The biggest differences are that the X-Terra 70 has various multiple tone modes (single tone, dual tone, three tone, 4 tone, and multi-tone), whereas the MXT has either a single tone or a dual tone mode. The X-Terra also has notch discrimination across the full target range, whereas the MXT has a single turn knob that can eliminate targets sequentially up to the zinc penny range.

On the other hand the MXT has a superior coil selection that I doubt Minelab will equal and in some ways is easier to operate being a knob type unit.

So long story short I think it really is a personal preference issue to a large degree. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose one over the other I'd probably keep my MXT at this point, mainly because I have used it so much I just know it and am confident in it. And it does have all those coils! I have to use the X-Terra 70 more before I'll really have a better feel for what it can and cannot do.

To be overly simplistic about it I guess if you like tones and/or notching the X-Terra is the way to go. If you are wanting bang for the buck and coil selection, go MXT.

Steve Herschbach
Alaska Mining & Diving Supply

Thank you folx for your information, I decided to go with the MXT for the first detector and keeping my eye on XT70.

HH