Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TT advice with the Racer needed

3RINGER

When I had the etrac I came to like TT and saw where it could shine in certain location.

Can some of you that have used TT on the racer share what you are seeing when using it over 3tone. For the thick trash I really like what I'm seeing in the small coil and 3tone. Not having used TT that much with this unit yet has me Questioning myself...I think a lot of it is that 3tone has produced and a reluctance to change.

Any input would be apprieciated.

Two tone is more powerful but it is best used in cleaner areas. You are doing the correct thing in my eye by using three tone in the trash.

I agree that when hunting in trash I find three tone to be preferable. When the high tone peeks through, you know there's something there. Two tone has better modulated audio, but it's also there in three tone to an extent.

Something that I found interesting when using the 5" coil last weekend was that I always felt the pinpoint was (1) off on the 11" DD and (2) the depth meter on the 11" DD is almost useless as it almost always shows 2-3" no matter how deep the target. When using the 5" coil, I was getting accurate depth readings and the pinpoint was spot on, so it seems to be a killer coil design.

If the 11" DD coil design was on par with the 5" DD coil, the Racer would be a beast :devil:

works better in less trashy areas. Open fields etc..

When in a really trashed park environment the Di3 works best for me..and picks the good high tones out better........... At least for my hearing abilities.

It's purported to be deeper in Di2..but I'm not seeing much of a difference to be honest. My coin finds deplete dramatically in Di2 for some reason.

I know we each have different styles of detecting....I find in my soil Di3..70 or less Gain ..with tracking on seems to hit more targets.
If really trashed areas the Gain at 39 works exceptionally well .It seems to shrink the output area on the coil thus allowing a tighter pattern..

I have never read, or seen, a official report of the lower Gaines seeming to reduce the area of output. or return on the coil. It just feels that way when going over the targets.
At 70 and up you hit more targets under the coil it sounds like, and the signal seems louder on more trash items and wanted targets.. It also seems to up average more to the 82 ID for some reasons at higher gain. ??????

I do not have that MUCH EXPERIENCE with the Racer.So if anyone else can jump in here..and substantiate what I'm saying or totally negate it..I would be fine with that .....
I like most everyone else am learning as I go... on this relatively new released detector..

Good points guys. I'm glad I was not the only one that was wondering about the depth reading with the stock coil. I was thinking at first other metal in the hole but it does seem to read 2-3 more than not. The 5" is the go to for me due to where I use the unit. My others units are now used in cleaner areas. When I hit a trashy spot I come back with the racer.

I use three tone most all the time hunting ghost town site with the 5" coil. When that high pitch comes through, you know it's time to slow down and work the target. I sometimes toggle between two tone and three tone while working a target as Two seems to read better at depth but three tone really alerts you to the coins and tokens. Hunted a ghost town this past Saturday with some other club members and dug an old gold ring that came in about 54 but it was so smooth and round sounding, I had to dig it.

It does have a way of saying ''you better check this out'' when hunting spots like that. wtg on the ring!

You have a higher chance of getting TID with tone when using 3 Tone. In 2 tone you have a higher likelihood of getting a tone but no TID vs 3 tone. Tom your ground is pretty warm. There is a possibility in hotter ground
the depth differences may be very close vs milder ground; especially with the small OOR coil. You could bury a target and compare in your soil to maybe get an idea.

Thx squirrel1 for the info. 5 bars on a f75 over this way.