Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two 1946 Rosies, in two weeks, two locations.

MattBullSummerville

My MX5 with the new 5x10 WSS SEF coil has found two 1946 Rosie's along with a few wheat's in the last 2 weeks. The first was at an old school location in a small town near Summerville SC. It is the one in the picture. Came in at a solid 78, running in coin mode, with just the bottom 3 notched out, 8 tones, 4 on the threshold and 8 on the sensitivity. It was about 6 to 7 inches deep. Knew it was a dime, but was surprised when I saw it was still silver. Knew I had a good one before even getting it of the hole.
Second was found Saturday during a Lowcountry Metal Detecting hunt held on 4 old homes sites that the Summerville Commissioners of Public Works owns and allowed a hunt prior to removal of 4 old homes for a new water department. I did not get a picture of it prior to turning it over to CPW and the Summerville Museum. The second is a 1946d in a little better condition. Hopefully if the Museum does not want it they will allow me to have it. It came in solid as a dime as well, not as deep though, only about 4 to 5 inches.
So far really liking the WSS SEF coil on the MX5. Can run it up almost max sensitivity in wet sand, beach mode with very little chatter or false signals at the Isle of Palms near Charleston SC.
Maybe the streak will continue.